• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Two years ago I went to work for less than an hour and was sent home because it was snowing like crazy. 1 to 2 inches became 6 to 10 and sure enough 9 fell between the start to the end overnight. Maybe we can see something like this soon once more.

Y’all keep driving that knife in my back deeper and deeper. Let’s see something like that this year but about 30 miles more East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35d48368b2f26689880f04c1d59dd85c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glwt GFS long range -AO bias FTL

Ugh oh. I heard Van Denton is considering lowering his winter snowfall forecast 10-20% across the board after losing 2” of qpf next week as rain plus less cold to work with for remaining December into some of January. Obviously makes sense, still lot of winter left tho minus the beginning.

One thing I’m not liking early in this winter are the good setups wasted by not having enough cold air, we could have had multiple snow events last winter if cold air was present, but warm ULLs ruled the day.

May be more energy to work with in a warmer January esp for the climo areas to score a big dog. I can’t foresee these heavy precip events continuing all winter. They may be done by the time we get a cold spring/Feb.

Wow. I just got nam’d. All models continue to increase the backside snow threat for the Midsouth but Memphis hasn’t even got it mentioned in the official forecast.

Attachments

• B6A18921-0162-4FF6-985B-59CC379D92A1.png
    B6A18921-0162-4FF6-985B-59CC379D92A1.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 105
ICON has gotten better, I really don’t care for this storm nomore but the ICON looks better with more digging

Wow. I just got nam’d. All models continue to increase the backside snow threat for the Midsouth but Memphis hasn’t even got it mentioned in the official forecast.
Nws huntsville here says NO accumulation only few hours of snow

CFS seasonal flipped warm for January but February/March look great.

View attachment 27467View attachment 27466

View attachment 27468
I hope we aren’t using the cfs to see what’s going to happen in the future ... everyone giving up on January before real models can even look into January ... let’s try to get the week from now forecast right instead of GUESSING what it’ll be like in a month ... “December going to be a torch” “looking torchy this December” “should be in the heater for December” ... we’ve seen no heat for December we will have a few above average days but no wild 80s or anything close to it... we haven’t even seen the south east ridge make an appearance this year

I hope we aren’t using the cfs to see what’s going to happen in the future ... everyone giving up on January before real models can even look into January ... let’s try to get the week from now forecast right instead of GUESSING what it’ll be like in a month ... “December going to be a torch” “looking torchy this December” “should be in the heater for December” ... we’ve seen no heat for December we will have a few above average days but no wild 80s or anything close to it... we haven’t even seen the south east ridge make an appearance this year

Take a deep breath and stop acting like a lunatic. Nobody is predicting anything or canceling anything...it was just a minor observation about how the seasonals look. Relaxxxxxx

12z Icon develops a low in the gulf on the tail end of the anafrontal and shoot up quicker. Possibly bringing an ice storm for the favorable areas, Interesting.

Back