• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tennessee valley/NC/Va Flizzard (16th)

Ended up with an inch of snow. These pictures are from 10AM after some melting occurred. The temp never got below 32.2 and was around 33.4 during basically the whole event. Had temps been a tick lower would have been looking at 1 and a half to 2 inches. Also heard from others on the other board in middle and East Tennessee that temps also went up a degree when snow started falling. I’ve never seen it happen before last night and neither had the other posters who mentioned it. Either way nice little event that is already completely melted do to a 41 degree high so far. So gfs consistently showed about 1 and a half inches while euro showed a half inch. Gfs busted high while euro busted low. Even though both were a half inch off I think the gfs did better for this area as literally 1 degree less and it would have nailed it. So far the upgrade last year seems to have done the Gfs some good Especially in the 3 day range.

A77A99DE-DE84-4961-B0B9-371F634C3647.jpeg

Yeah can confirm the heavy graupel shower here in APEX the returns north of Raleigh look like there could be accumulation ... we even started to get some here before it stopped

Looks like things are starting to die down, noticing tops are flattening (around CLT)

Near Louisburg & Centerville (NC) just now
048e562d2c461d5712fb0fd4df8f5af7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back