• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tennessee valley/NC/Va Flizzard (16th)

I’ve been paying attention to this one all week. Local forecast calls for minor accumulating snow across the eastern plateau and normal higher elevation hot spots for snow. Definitely looks like at a minimum snow will be flying through the air this weekend. Hopefully some in middle Tennessee can pick up some accumulations.

GFS
07C3B76C-6142-47D6-9A3C-63265F1B959B.png
NAM
77A3D052-DEC9-4429-A61D-90F8440FF7AB.png

I’ve been paying attention to this one all week. Local forecast calls for minor accumulating snow across the eastern plateau and normal higher elevation hot spots for snow. Definitely looks like at a minimum snow will be flying through the air this weekend. Hopefully some in middle Tennessee can pick up some accumulations.

GFS
View attachment 65715
NAM
View attachment 65716
Middle TN has been known to get surprise 1-2 inch events with systems like this. :)

Middle TN has been known to get surprise 1-2 inch events with systems like this. :)
Yes especially on the highland rim with a little elevation. Not surprising that they are going with lower totals as it’s usually the most likely outcome. Hopefully this one can over perform and maybe give someone in middle Tennessee an inch or two. Wishful thinking?...Probably ?

Not a bad run of the GFS at all. MRX mentions steep lapse rates and convective bands. Get under those and you'll get a 15-20 minute whiteout.

sn10_acc.us_ov.png

Guess ima have to start looking into this one. That's probably more enthusiastic than the Christmas depiction on the gfs
GFS didn’t even have much of anything on Christmas, I remember several runs with nada

Reactions: SD
Back