• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Sweatember '22

Front did me dirty too. 0.06", for a total of 0.86" since Saturday. Let down.

And i'm glad i wasn't the only one who didn't get into the 50's. Seems like tonight is our night In NC.

Front did me dirty too. 0.06", for a total of 0.86" since Saturday. Let down.

And i'm glad i wasn't the only one who didn't get into the 50's. Seems like tonight is our night In NC.
There will be several nights of 50's coming up this week before a brief warmup. Even that should be bearable with low DPs, hopefully

This week is looking fantastic. Maybe just maybe next week is the last time we see upper 80s??
I hope so, but the long range ensembles would need to be spectacularly wrong for that to be the case. It looks sauna-like during the 3rd to 4th week in September at least. Enjoy the cool for now. I'm hoping the models are wrong about the heat returning with a vengeance.

This week is looking fantastic. Maybe just maybe next week is the last time we see upper 80s??
Next week is highly dependent on the ridge axis. We could get hot 90-95 for a few days, we could keep the ridge axis oriented so it's a bunch of 81-86 type days really subtle differences go a long way in sensible weather. After that it looks like we get some hemispheric retrogression to pull the heat ridge back west so we should temper back to what we are seeing now. Wildcard becomes the potential tropical system and if it can get hooked into any troughing in the east or if it rockets west under the ridge and ends up in Tx/Mx.

My early guess is at least 1-2 days of hot weather 90+ next week as the higher 850s will be apt to be directed at least partially into the region but something like the gfs with temps near 100 is a low % chance right now imo.

Last thing to add will be the numerous west pac systems the models have over the next 2 weeks. The best plans can easily be screwed by a recurving typhoon

Last edited:
Back