Pattern Swamptember 2021

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
After the past few days of below normal temperatures (mainly the lows, as the highs have been within a few degrees of normal), looks like we're headed back to temps at/above average this weekend into next weeks.

Pickens SC 44.1, beat KAVL

I take KAVL numbers with a grain of salt always. I live 4 miles from the airport and my weather station had a low of 41.2 this morning. With the airport being sandwiched between the French Broad River and the soon to be 6 lane I-26, I have always had my suspicions about sampling readings from a weather station in the middle of such a very volatile conditions. It happens every single year where KAVL is throwing readings 2 or 3 degrees warmer than even weather stations a mile down the road.

1632491212781.png

I take KAVL numbers with a grain of salt always. I live 4 miles from the airport and my weather station had a low of 41.2 this morning. With the airport being sandwiched between the French Broad River and the soon to be 6 lane I-26, I have always had my suspicions about sampling readings from a weather station in the middle of such a very volatile conditions. It happens every single year where KAVL is throwing readings 2 or 3 degrees warmer than even weather stations a mile down the road.

View attachment 91466
Very true, as well as increased air traffic at the airport over the past several years. All combine for warmer readings

Reactions: BlueRidgeFolklore