• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Swamptember 2021

I’d be a rich man if I had a nickel for every time people wish cast a mega drought here for the SE .. probably been going on for 3-4 months now .. still only abnormally dry conditions for a small portion of NC to show for it .. give it a rest guys trust in Mother Nature

I’d be a rich man if I had a nickel for every time people wish cast a mega drought here for the SE .. probably been going on for 3-4 months now .. still only abnormally dry conditions for a small portion of NC to show for it .. give it a rest guys trust in Mother Nature
I've had .83 of rain in 30 days that's dry no matter how you spin it, I don't understand why you aren't willing to accept that. Not everyone got their months worth of rain last week.

This is a borderline Birdman or Dewy D level post.

I've had .83 of rain in 30 days that's dry no matter how you spin it, I don't understand why you aren't willing to accept that. Not everyone got their months worth of rain last week.
1.06 for me since August 17th, with some good 90's mixed in during that time period.

Reactions: SD

Seems to happen every year. And when we do end up in an actual drought we always end up getting more than enough rain to make up for it.

1.06 for me since August 17th, with some good 90's mixed in during that time period.
Yeah most of the yards in my neighborhood that aren't watered are dormant. When you start seeing zoysias and the tif bermudas going dormant that's really dry, the rain last weekend didn't even fully green them back up

Yeah most of the yards in my neighborhood that aren't watered are dormant. When you start seeing zoysias and the tif bermudas going dormant that's really dry, the rain last weekend didn't even fully green them back up

That just means you don't have to mow the lawn every week. I don't see the problem.

That just means you don't have to mow the lawn every week. I don't see the problem.
I actually like being outside and having a green nice lawn and enjoy doing so. So for me it sucks when I only receive fractional inches of rain and I know that having a dry period when it's time for my grass to be preparing itself for winter dormancy is a negative impact.

B3BC2DF8-6046-4508-99DA-1D5809DD6A12.png1631628669301.gif
not dry enough I suppose .. new drought map should come soon .. but I doubt it’s any worse than this (which isn’t bad at all) I just don’t see the need to worry at this point

Last edited:
Back