• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Swamptember 2021

After the past few days of below normal temperatures (mainly the lows, as the highs have been within a few degrees of normal), looks like we're headed back to temps at/above average this weekend into next weeks.

Pickens SC 44.1, beat KAVL

I take KAVL numbers with a grain of salt always. I live 4 miles from the airport and my weather station had a low of 41.2 this morning. With the airport being sandwiched between the French Broad River and the soon to be 6 lane I-26, I have always had my suspicions about sampling readings from a weather station in the middle of such a very volatile conditions. It happens every single year where KAVL is throwing readings 2 or 3 degrees warmer than even weather stations a mile down the road.

1632491212781.png

Things are looking fairly cool in the medium range too .. maybe some more humidity if that tropical moisture moves in from Atlantic but clouds keep up low

I take KAVL numbers with a grain of salt always. I live 4 miles from the airport and my weather station had a low of 41.2 this morning. With the airport being sandwiched between the French Broad River and the soon to be 6 lane I-26, I have always had my suspicions about sampling readings from a weather station in the middle of such a very volatile conditions. It happens every single year where KAVL is throwing readings 2 or 3 degrees warmer than even weather stations a mile down the road.

View attachment 91466
Very true, as well as increased air traffic at the airport over the past several years. All combine for warmer readings

Back