• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Strong, slow moving SE storm 12/21-23

Beginning of October 2015. Yes. Not expecting those types of rainfall but eerily similar setup (minus Hurricane Joaquin so no direct tropical infusion of deep tropical moisture)

This upper low seems to be moving faster as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW 12z Gfs still continuing to increase rain totals for eastern SC especially around Charleston. Makes you wonder ?

Not to mention Charleston is more prone to flooding now and that onshore wind with a large fetch won’t be good.

Not to mention Charleston is more prone to flooding now and that onshore wind with a large fetch won’t be good.

Agreed, models are showing a pivot with the band of heavy rain across SC. So similar to 2015 whoever under that band will likely get flooding and gusty winds.

Looks like the NAM caved to the gfs with precip staying south of Wake co

So the upper low aloft about 4/5 thousands feet up could support Hurricane force winds bringing surface winds about 40/50 and maybe 60 gusts?

too cloudy and stuff I doubt winds mix down.maps never verify

Still crazy model to model and run to run variability with the rain totals here. Waffling between 0 and 2.5 is fun

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seems pretty obvious to me which one of these camps is more likely to verify.

Over/under of about 2" seems reasonable in your backyard.
download (74).png

download (75).png

download (76).png

High wind watch and a flood watch just got issued for North Georgia.

2-4 inches of rain possible with 20-30 mph winds and 45 mph wind gusts.

Yeah I wasn’t really watching for the high wind thing, how likely is this to verify? It’s says 45-50mph gusts? That could cause damage, but I’m cautiously hoping someone just going with the frequently aggressive but infrequently correct Euro wind map.....

Yeah I wasn’t really watching for the high wind thing, how likely is this to verify? It’s says 45-50mph gusts? That could cause damage, but I’m cautiously hoping someone just going with the frequently aggressive but infrequently correct Euro wind map.....
Not sure how likely it is for the winds to verify, but the FFC has been quite aggressive with their forecast here in regards to winds it feels like. They have me in 25-30 mph winds with gusts between 35-45 mph between 4 pm tomorrow and 4 am Monday. If that verifies coupled with heavy rain power outages are going to be a problem for sure in and around the Atlanta area. Definitely something to monitor.

Not sure how likely it is for the winds to verify, but the FFC has been quite aggressive with their forecast here in regards to winds it feels like. They have me in 25-30 mph winds with gusts between 35-45 mph between 4 pm tomorrow and 4 am Monday. If that verifies coupled with heavy rain power outages are going to be a problem for sure in and around the Atlanta area. Definitely something to monitor.
One can only imagine if we had colder air in place here. This would probably be a historic blizzard for the southeast.

Back