• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

EXLA was a big penny mover today, multiple pennies ran over 100% today. Seems things might be trying to heat back up over the past week or two. It’ll be interesting to see if that becomes a trend or just a blip.

NDX futures have played ping pong between 13880 and 14000 a bit too much I'm afraid (so it plowing through an important area early this morning isn't that surprising). Probably after the first of the month buying (if there is like there has been for the past few months), it will need to test last week's lows at a minimum...

Unless something really wild happens today, we're set up for an up move in May if it's wanted in the major averages but I doubt it'd be as good as April turned out to be.

$CPSL former $AWGI with the big ticker change spike. Happens a lot because people can't sell their shares during the transition. I've been loading on dips and selling on bounces for months on that one. $kosk same deal load dip, sell bounce

Everyone panicking about the capital gains rate proposals are the ones that will never be affected by them. Sad. The majority of the wealth is owned by the top few in this country, that won’t change unless you make the person making 500k pay more than 15%, the same rate single teachers pay on capital gains. Also Biden closing the inheritance loophole will help. Unless you have a problem with billionaires paying no taxes on their fathers stock holdings....(who ALSO never payed taxes on them because the gains were never realized)

Everyone panicking about the capital gains rate proposals are the ones that will never be affected by them. Sad. The majority of the wealth is owned by the top few in this country, that won’t change unless you make the person making 500k pay more than 15%, the same rate single teachers pay on capital gains. Also Biden closing the inheritance loophole will help. Unless you have a problem with billionaires paying no taxes on their fathers stock holdings....(who ALSO never payed taxes on them because the gains were never realized)
The wealth gap won't go away even if you raise the cap gains tax to 60% for them. I guess maybe everybody else will feel good about it, though.

The wealth gap won't go away even if you raise the cap gains tax to 60% for them. I guess maybe everybody else will feel good about it, though.

Step-up in basis loophole closure will help more. But yeah as long as capitalism exists the wealth gap will, but we can try and make it not so gappy.

Step-up in basis loophole closure will help more. But yeah as long as capitalism exists the wealth gap will, but we can try and make it not so gappy.
If you really want to move the needle, you need to develop a sound monetary policy. We won't. But more importantly, you need to break the connection of the wealthy to the political process. That's the primary issue. They influence policy, and policy benefits them. That's not going to happen either. So, we're left with emotionally-driven show-boating and window-dressing.

Back