• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

AMD should be fine tomorrow unless another sell program hits the Nasdaq-100 right at market open (reason why I have that catch here is NXPI had a good earnings report but ended up down due to that sell program), but boy, because of what's been going on, you sure have people doubting this based off my lurking.

One of my biggest positions. It had held $75 multiple times over the past 6 months so I added at $76 a few weeks ago. Don't plan on selling, they almost doubled rev and guided to 50% growth this year.
I've just got a October 77 call. Hoping it gets over 100 by mid summer

$PFE another bio I purchased back in March. Once it cleared $36.50 it opened up a path to $40. Its revenues will be off the charts for the foreseeable future due to its vaccine. It had a nice run from $34-39.80 and now 2nd week of consolidation. I sold a bunch at $39.50 but started adding back today.

FC70926E-5999-420F-8374-4301AA9A73B6.jpeg

No position...but market at all time highs and Tesla about to drop below its moving averages. If market pulls back this could get ugly.

B7E98442-66FB-4369-A25B-24CD4836B957.png

NDX dumped a little this morning after trying early, which explains most of what's going on today.

At least it's at 14k and not 13k where it is having problems (it had problems around 13k until it broke out last month) but I think it's officially stuck. If AMZN isn't splitting, my guess is that QQQ is going back to $325 next week. The cup and handle idea would be valid there, but given that April was a nice run, what would help cause another run?

Into more cash today after $AMD, $MSFT disappointment. Took a lot of profits from the past few weeks and closed some positions. Both AMD/MSFT crushed earnings and sold off...how is $QQQ going to make new ATH's with the best companies blowing out earnings and then selling off.

The Dow is OK today given the amount of pressure 3 of the 30 stocks is applying (which is why it's a silly price-weighted index lol) but I'm starting to get frustrated again with what's going on with tech.

Not the first time I've seen the Nasdaq red with GOOG/GOOGL doing very well (if this goes the way it looks like it's going to, this will be the 3rd straight time they were positive with the Nasdaq red after their earnings) but this index is just completely stuck in the mud right now. If the AMZN split rumor isn't true, it's likely going back down...

Last edited:
The NYSE advance/decline line looked great (it was 2 to 1) and the S&P couldn't hold its gains, I feel like that's not a good thing.

Aaannnddddd Apple seems likely to go green to red based off how XLK is behaving. Unfreakingreal.

I almost think that "they" might be manipulating this stock because if they allow something like that large IHS to play out, that will help drive the Nasdaq forever considering what we have seen before.

Going to end up being a frustrating summer I think. I don't see a crash but we are likely going to be stuck forever in a range.

ARKK is -2.1%

Not a great sign that it can't break out and more credence to "it will be a summer stuck in a range", but at least I was able to avoid the FOMO there.

Aaannnddddd Apple seems likely to go green to red based off how XLK is behaving. Unfreakingreal.

I almost think that "they" might be manipulating this stock because if they allow something like that large IHS to play out, that will help drive the Nasdaq forever considering what we have seen before.

Going to end up being a frustrating summer I think. I don't see a crash but we are likely going to be stuck forever in a range.
Damn lizard people at it again

Going to end up being a frustrating summer I think. I don't see a crash but we are likely going
I saw Apple consolidate at $116 , with earnings in a few weeks.and people perception of not wanting to miss out on big numbers.... I decided to buy the rumor to sell the news
Long term, Apple should be a very good investment.

Still sitting in more cash today. Nothing exciting about tech right now...$NKE has been doing well for me. Not in many things. I want to see $QQQ close over $342 or test the 21dema of $335 before I get back. Right now it's chop city.

sc.png

As of my last look:

ARKK: -2.87%

QQQ: +0.42%

yikes, I thought a nice rally by the Nasdaq would help ARKK a lot more this month based off what happened initially in March, but that answer looks like it's no.

Edit: I have no position, but I've found it interesting to follow what ARKK does at times as an indicator for appetite for risk.

Back