• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Can’t help but wonder what might have been if Trae Young doesn’t step on that refs foot. Atlanta had already split the first 2 games in Milwaukee and was on their way I think to winning game 3 until Traes injury in the 3rd qtr. I know Giannis hurt his knee and missed the rest of that series, but I believe if Atlanta had Trae, they win that series. If Atlanta can keep their team together, I think this team is real close to winning a title even with the dreaded Atlanta sports curse.
That team is competetive for sure, and surefire playoff and eastern conference contenders. Tre Young and Capella make them go, but they need another complimentary star to get them over the line. Philly will look for a guard that can score, they'll be locked in, the Bucks will continue to compete, and if the Nets get healthy, well, those are all tall orders for Atlanta to beat. They are up and coming though. Nothing would surprise me.

That team is competetive for sure, and surefire playoff and eastern conference contenders. Tre Young and Capella make them go, but they need another complimentary star to get them over the line. Philly will look for a guard that can score, they'll be locked in, the Bucks will continue to compete, and if the Nets get healthy, well, those are all tall orders for Atlanta to beat. They are up and coming though. Nothing would surprise me.
Hawks are going to be a fun team to follow. As far as last night goes, the Bucks gave them every opportunity to win that game. But the same problems that plagued the Suns all series bit them in the butts again last night. Get a defensive rebound and hit a clutch shot. How many wide open shots did the Suns miss and why can't they play in the clutch.

Giannis was a beast and he gets his flowers for sure. But where was Paul? Where was Booker? Where was Ayton? They shrank into oblivion for the majority of the game. They got out-hustled, out-coached, and out-played. Again. The Bucks simply wanted it more, and that was the difference. They deserved it, and I'm happy for them.

Giannis is such a likeable guy, he makes it hard to root against him. I have a feeling Devin Booker will have his day in the sun (no pun intended) soon.

Clint Capela was the most impactful defensive player for the Hawks but I wouldn't say he was the second best overall player on the team.

"Technically" that was De'Andre Hunter imo, but De'Andre Hunter missed most of the season. His development and Reddish's potentially will be something to follow.

As things are the Hawks are probably a top 3-5 team in the East. Could see other things happen, but the only team where I'd look for a bounce back for sure is the Celtics, which is why I'll call it top 3-5.

Reddish is going to be really good, as long as he stays healthy. Capella either needs to bulk up by 50 lbs or develop an outside shot in order to take it to the next level. He's pretty good, though.

Clint Capela was the most impactful defensive player for the Hawks but I wouldn't say he was the second best overall player on the team.

"Technically" that was De'Andre Hunter imo, but De'Andre Hunter missed most of the season. His development and Reddish's potentially will be something to follow.

As things are the Hawks are probably a top 3-5 team in the East. Could see other things happen, but the only team where I'd look for a bounce back for sure is the Celtics, which is why I'll call it top 3-5.
Still not sold on Celtics, and not sold on the idea Jason Tatum is a superstar. The loss of Gordon Heyward hasnt helped. However, probably are a better team than last season's record. Nets, Bucks, Philly (assuming they get a scoring guard), then a battle between Knicks and Hawks. I put Celtics just past them at the 6.

Reddish is going to be really good, as long as he stays healthy. Capella either needs to bulk up by 50 lbs or develop an outside shot in order to take it to the next level. He's pretty good, though.
I see Reddish like I saw Darius Miles. Flashy moments but not consistent enough for stardom. We will see.

I see Reddish like I saw Darius Miles. Flashy moments but not consistent enough for stardom. We will see.
He's super young though. We'll see, like you said, but he's got that clutch gene. He needs to get a couple of seasons under his belt healthy and I think you'll really see him take off. Tatum is definitely a superstar. He needs support and needs to play within a good system and not run iso all the time.

Gotta think an expanded college football playoff is imminent too. Don't think Texas and OU make this move without it

So, Texas/Oklahoma to the SEC is apparently almost finished?

Wow. Figured it had a good chance with it getting leaked but didn't think it'd be almost finished.

The Big 12 is done btw...it's over.

Back