• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Louisiana ? I didn't even know they had a football team.
Ragin Cajuns. Got a good team/program. Just knocked off top 20 Iowa State. App has beat them twice per season the past 2 years to win the SBC. Beat em twice last year,but they where a much tougher opponent than UNC and USC who we also beat. There is no difference in the p5s and G5s once you get outside the top 10.

Louisiana ? I didn't even know they had a football team.

They are Louisiana-Lafayette or at least have been before, but they're just listed as Louisiana on some boxes.
Yes, they changed their name for their sports teams from Lousiana-Lafayette to Lousiana reecently. Notably, the school is former Panthers' QB Jake Delhomme's alma mater.

So, supposedly Kyle Larson is the leading candidate JJ's replacement at HMS. Whether that be in the 48 or the 88 or the 5 or whatever. They just would have to get somebody willing to actually sponsor Larson, and they could get it done. Other latest rumor is that Denny Hamlin will be buying the charter from Germain Racing (#13 team, which is being sold b/c GEICO is not returning to sponsor) and starting up a cup team with Bubba Wallace and all those big sponsor dollars he'll bring in.
This raises another problem, because Hamlin is not allowed, according to NASCAR rules, to drive for a 4 car team and own another car. So he'd either have to retire from full time cup racing, take FedEx and the 11 to his own team, or find some weird loophole that allows him to do this.

Goodness this offseason is gonna be crazy

Being on ESPNU was big for CU and thanks to that national exposure, many schools not playing and fans all over looking for football they picked up a huge social media following. Now Friday nights game at Coastal has been picked up by ESPN, primetime Friday night lights...let's go!

Being on ESPNU was big for CU and thanks to that national exposure, many schools not playing and fans all over looking for football they picked up a huge social media following. Now Friday nights game at Coastal has been picked up by ESPN, primetime Friday night lights...let's go!

That's insane. I bet both schools are crazy excited to be on mainline ESPN.

That's insane. I bet both schools are crazy excited to be on mainline ESPN.
Definitely. Saturday was first time in Campbell's young football programs history playing on national tv, now they just one upped it on the mainline lol.
(Proud dad post alert) both my daughters are at CU, one a freshman and the other graduated last year at CU but now is in the MBA program, on a football scholarship....haha seriously she is a Grad assist to the Director of football operations. They are pumped!

Definitely. Saturday was first time in Campbell's young football programs history playing on national tv, now they just one upped it on the mainline lol.
(Proud dad post alert) both my daughters are at CU, one a freshman and the other graduated last year at CU but now is in the MBA program, on a football scholarship....haha seriously she is a Grad assist to the Director of football operations. They are pumped!
I think proud dads are entitled to posts like that. LOL. Sounds like they are both on the right track.

But yea, that game is great free publicity. I'd imagine there could be a positive impact on recruiting. At the very least, more people across the country will see the school name and get curious and look up where they are.

I drive past Coastal on our way to the beach, Its a very nice stadium and field. You can see it right next to the road...
Fun fact: Apparently the same stadium at Coastal will host a bowl game in December. Get ready for the newly created....Myrtle Beach Bowl! ?

Watching a team like UNC with a quarterback like Sam Howell makes you question playcalling. No matter who is on their roster they find a way to play down to their mean. They could have a loaded team and still work hard to finish 6-6

Can't watch the Bengals/Browns game at home because Xfinity requires a prescription to pick up NFL Network. :rolleyes:

Back