• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

I got a question for you NC sports guys. I found a map of MLB fan bases the other day showing that the eastern half of NC was Nationals territory. I had always assumed that was Braves country. Are any of y’all Nats fans?
I was stunned when I moved to Raleigh and the Braves were not on cable TV. I never met anybody that was a Nationals fan when I lived there.

I’m not a Braves fan, I don’t really watch baseball. I like the Texas Rangers and Boston Red Sox though, have a very nice Boston Red Sox mask.

I’ve never met a Nationals fan, although the orioles are a team I have seen fans for around here. Could just be transplants though .

Redskins ( well the WaSHiNGton FOotBaLL TeAm ) are pretty popular in Eastern N.C. even with the panthers . Although that’s dying down , seems most redskins fans are older.

Georgia high school football starts Friday. Never been so ready to see high school sports start back ? My high school Jones County plays #5 in the nation Grayson so we’re gonna take a butt whipping.

I was stunned when I moved to Raleigh and the Braves were not on cable TV. I never met anybody that was a Nationals fan when I lived there.
Im not sure why you were stunned. Raleigh is closer to Philly than it is to Atlanta so it doesn't seem surprising to me that the Braves would not be that popular in Raleigh.

Im not sure why you were stunned. Raleigh is closer to Philly than it is to Atlanta so it doesn't seem surprising to me that the Braves would not be that popular in Raleigh.
Actually , straight line distance downtown to downtown Raleigh is exactly in the middle of Philly and Atlanta . I definitely think the braves are the most popular team here aside from the Yankees and Sox due to transplants . It’s a southern thing , the Braves are the south’s team so despite the distance lots of fans in NC . Even in Raleigh, most common baseball cap I see is braves .

Braves are popular in the Deep South not the mid Atlantic.
Atlanta is not even the Deep South, hell Atlanta is less southern than Raleigh . Stats show southern accent is still more common in Raleigh with half of inhabitants having one , no way half of the folks from Atlanta speak southern . Heck only guy I ever met from Atlanta sounded like he was from upstate New York no kidding lol!

Atlanta is not even the Deep South, hell Atlanta is less southern than Raleigh . Stats show southern accent is still more common in Raleigh with half of inhabitants having one , no way half of the folks from Atlanta speak southern . Heck only guy I ever met from Atlanta sounded like he was from upstate New York no kidding lol!
True, Atlanta is its own animal now. You have to go OTP to get the feel of the Deep South.

Very true. You got to get up my way in Bartow before you run into a consistent accent. Even then it's watered down from what I grew up with.

It has more to due with them being nationally shown on TBS for decades. That made it easy for areas to latch on to them.

Grayson beat us pretty good last night but we played sloppy the first half. Dropped balls, balls going threw our hands into Graysons hands. Looked like a young team on offense and with a few mess ups that we had turned it one favor it could’ve been tighter at halftime. Grayson has some big ole boys tho but they didn’t play up to what I was expecting looked sluggish and sloppy at time to. The QB fumbled the ball every time he got hit. I would say if they could fix a few minor problems they had last night they’d be one of the best in the country.

JEEEZ MAN. We love finding new ways to get wins yanked away. Truex just puts Chase in the wall cuz he’s an idiot who straight up was NOT clear

I got a question for you NC sports guys. I found a map of MLB fan bases the other day showing that the eastern half of NC was Nationals territory. I had always assumed that was Braves country. Are any of y’all Nats fans?

No. BoSox, Tigers, and Padres. For clarification... grew up a BoSox fan because of grandfather. Lived in Michigan and San Diego so I follow them as well. More of a Tigers/Padres fan overall.

JEEEZ MAN. We love finding new ways to get wins yanked away. Truex just puts Chase in the wall cuz he’s an idiot who straight up was NOT clear

That’s in the spotter, not Martin. Are you a part of HMS or are you using “we” as a catch all.

Back