• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Mookie would have been safe regardless. Stanley got a late break off the mound and never would have made it to first in time for the toss. If Buckner fielded it and tried to beat Mookie to first he wouldn’t have gotten there either with his knees. McNamara should have left Dave Stapleton in at first. Stapleton was a defensive replacement in the later innings when he didn’t start.

I’m a huge Red Sox fan and have been since I was in grade school. Listened to their games since the mid 70’s. I remember the Fisk game, Bucky “f*cking” Dent, 1986, 2003 and Grady leaving Pedro in too long and losing in extra innings because of Aaron “f*cking” Boone, the joy of 2004 and 2007, the 2011 collapse and the fried chicken episode in the dugout, 2012 and the abomination that was Bobby Valentine, 2013 and champions again, mediocrity through 2017, and finally champs again in 2018.

Summer of 1989. We got to go to Fenway and watch Clemmons versus Nolan Ryan. I still have a bleacher ticket from a red Sox - Orioles game in 1983 that the ticket was $3.

Wade Boggs, Dewey Evans were my 2 favorites back in the day.

FC Dallas is pulling out of the 'MLS is Back' tournament.https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/fc-dallas-pulls-out-of-mls-is-back-tournament-after-multiple-positive-covid-19-cases/?fbclid=IwAR3zrq9AYdd-yZXkguwy3pOcA0YZKVyokBqU5gdSj8EFZ9Ze4fTFlYvlcwA

So is the ratings up or down? Guess depends on who you ask. I looked it up and different opinions depending on which new source you look at. Imagine that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well will NFL address his racist comments and posts? Coach of OKS was docked for wearing a shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well will NFL address his racist comments and posts? Coach of OKS was docked for wearing a shirt.

Apples to oranges. Mike Gundy is a STATE employee as the head coach of the Oklahoma State Cowboys. DeSean Jackson is an employee of a privately held team. The team can choose to fine him, but it will immediately be appealed by the NFLPA.

Apples to oranges. Mike Gundy is a STATE employee as the head coach of the Oklahoma State Cowboys. DeSean Jackson is an employee of a privately held team. The team can choose to fine him, but it will immediately be appealed by the NFLPA.
Did not think of that. Thank you.

Hi everyone please see below:
All,

Over the past 6 months we have seen a large increase in activity in the non weather related threads. We recognize as the board grows we will slowly transition from just a weather board to a community. With this transition we will be gaining new members with new interests and differing view points. With current global events these differing views and interests become magnified across the community as members express their thoughts, stances, and ideas. This has led us as staff to recognize the need for written guidelines for the board as a whole and independent within threads to ensure the overall climate of the board remains constructive and welcoming. With that being said we want to outline the following general rules:

#1 racist, sexist posts will be immediately deleted and you will be banned from the community
#2 using derogatory terms in posts will be immediately deleted, you will be banned from said thread for 72 hours for the first offense, 120 for the second, permanently for the 3rd.
#3 when you post statistics or something as a fact please cite your source, baseless facts will be subject to deletion.
#4 using the term snowflake, karen, maga to describe someone or a grouping of posters will be subject to deletion. Continual use will subject you to the thread suspensions in point 2.
#5 Drive by 1 liners with the purpose of getting a reaction will subject you to suspensions in point #2
#6 consistently posting the same subject matter over and over or outlandish posts will be deleted. If this continues after deletion you will be subject to suspensions in point #2 will follow.
#7 posts that aren't directly related to the thread will be removed. Obviously there is a lot of crossover at this time between Corona, politics, sports. Please make sure that your placing your post in the correct thread.

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns around any of the outlined points. Our goal isn't to silence you as members it's to make sure that we keep the community as a place folks want to visit as well as keeping the weather side of the board free from carry over issues.

Back