• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Reaction score
There ain't much Sports going on right now, but I'm pretty sure we can find something to talk about anyways...

Andy Dalton just went to the Cowboys. Even though they supposedly have a good QB already (that they somehow haven't signed a contract with yet).

Jameis Winston is now a backup QB to Brees. I can't wait for the season to start...

I really thought Dalton and the Patriots were a perfect match. I still wouldn't be surprised at all to see Cam end up in NE unless he is asking for a lot of money or isn't healthy.
Should be an interesting season this year. You have to me 4 teams that are above the rest SF, KC, NO, Baltimore, after that there is a real log jam of about 15 or so teams that could compete for playoff spots.

Well, NASCAR and the PGA Tour have already announced restart dates recently. I kind of think MLB is soon on announcing a restart date (not just for spring games), but who knows.

For Georgia's purposes in college football, no spring practice and no idea for sure of when face to face by teams can restart on campus is beginning to make me very uncomfortable, assuming either a normal start or short delay. Contrary to what some opposing fans were trying to say on other boards, I was fine with the OL outside of not being comfortable about LT, as long as they got plenty of practice in. I felt good about the offense if they got practice in with the new OC.

And neither is going to happen unless you see college football pushed off bigly. They will rank Georgia top 5 again in the preseason but the margin of error might be slimmer than 2019's was with these issues. I think this season is an "if everything goes right, Georgia takes home another SEC Championship but something unexpected happens in the playoffs again".

It might end up being in 2021-2022 where Georgia sees benefits from "changing the offense".

Also, Green Bay had a garbage draft lolol, and it wasn't just picking Jordan Love.

I really thought Dalton and the Patriots were a perfect match. I still wouldn't be surprised at all to see Cam end up in NE unless he is asking for a lot of money or isn't healthy.
Should be an interesting season this year. You have to me 4 teams that are above the rest SF, KC, NO, Baltimore, after that there is a real log jam of about 15 or so teams that could compete for playoff spots.

you are blinded being a homer. Scam Newton sucks now. And dalton lol

i may be wrong but that car accident screwed him up pretty bad man.
I think it's fair to wonder if some of his injuries now relate back to nagging pain/injuries from that.

As a whole though his pocket presence and mechanics have always been meh. I think if he went to the right team with the right scheme and coaches he could be a serviceable NFL QB which is why I think he would be a good fit for NE. It's really a no lose situation for the Patriots to take the gamble IMO, if he stinks then you cut bait, if he kills it then Bill B looks like a genius.

I think it's fair to wonder if some of his injuries now relate back to nagging pain/injuries from that.

As a whole though his pocket presence and mechanics have always been meh. I think if he went to the right team with the right scheme and coaches he could be a serviceable NFL QB which is why I think he would be a good fit for NE. It's really a no lose situation for the Patriots to take the gamble IMO, if he stinks then you cut bait, if he kills it then Bill B looks like a genius.
cam is better than dalton but they are both backups.

I really see cam as more of a wildcat QB at this point. He can prove me wrong if he gets his opportunity.

I saw that ESPN made a deal with the Korean baseball league to air games in the meantime while waiting for MLB. It starts tonight, although the games are a 1am.

I’d love to see Brees get one more super bowl. Not a huge NO fan but he is a good guy and great QB.

Hasn't been posted yet in here so:

July 1st if we're lucky seems to be the rumor. It will tighten things up, I think the longest we can see this go before we see no baseball or maybe a tournament at most is projecting for an August 1st start. So, we'll see.

Weird but it's doable unless several players refuse to play...and honestly, although I guess this is mean, if they go through with this, if I were the owners, I would tell players that if you're not playing that you're not getting paid anymore for the year.

Of course, several could just sit and chill at home, but even still.

Back