• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Bucks or Nets? I'm picking the Nets.

And GeorgiaGirl owes us some crow! :)

LETS GO STATE ! I think we are given the least odds of winning this thing yet here we are winning . We aren’t even supposed to be here rn!!!!! WOLFPACK ! Don’t ever count us out ! That’s who we are that’s what we represent , the underdogs !

On one hand, if the Nets avoid elimination and last long enough to get back at full strength, they will be tough to beat. On the other hand, you have to figure at some point, Harden is going to choke, and cost them a title. I think the winner of the Suns/Clippers wins it all!

Was the Clippers 2nd round curse really the Doc Rivers curse? One year with him gone and the curse has been broken.

The Doc Rivers curse is still on fwiw no matter what happens tomorrow IMO. The Hawks are much improved and it shouldn't just go one way in consideration in those leads being blown, but considering that the best perimeter defenders are down for the Hawks, and considering that Embiid has played like an absolute superstar (although he seems to be wearing down with a long series), there really is no reason for this series to have gone 7 games. But that's what happened.

Last edited:
What a game! Great effort by the Bucks.

the bucks are probably going to the finals tbh despite the fact they looked so, so bad for a lot of this series.

- Don't really think Embiid's knee is a problem, but he apparently has stamina issues and has been getting worn down in the second half. Tomorrow's game will be the 4th in 7 days and he has been playing 36 plus minutes a game.

- The Hawks haven't done too well vs Bud's Bucks. Even when the Hawks were bad, they were able to give Philly trouble. That was not the case with Milwaukee at all.

Don't think I've said so on here but what I believe with the Hawks still stands imo.

I think Trae Young can be a star/superstar for you but I'm not sure he can be your best all-around player. I think he needs to be playing with a wing that is a better all-around player.

It's actually not outside the realm of possibility that said player is on this team. It's a shame that De'Andre Hunter didn't get to play a full year, as it looked very possible he could become that guy, but then his knee became a problem. And although they aren't as talented offensively as other teams, when Hunter was able to play vs the Knicks, he was locking up whoever needed to be locked up on defense when he got switched onto them.

And although he hasn't had a good start to his career (even though he showed some real signs before COVID caused a pause last season), there was apparently problems between Reddish and Pierce. So, he gets one more mulligan with McMillan (it hasn't been announced but he is all but not interim coach, he'll be the Hawks coach next season too), who apparently has done well in bringing out the best in athletic wings.

If it's not them, then it will be interesting to see the way they go to try to solve this. They could also use a big oaf for guys like Embiid, but really in this age, I feel like star caliber wing talent is what you need the most.

But yeah, I can't believe what I'm saying but this is likely the team that is most likely to break the ice in the big 3 sports for Atlanta now. 13/24 on FTs on Friday can be read as a choke, but a series in which you've been favored in in 0 games being taken to 7 while your perimeter defense is out (and you can tell since Seth is playing like his brother lmao) really isn't one ultimately.

What happened with the Braves last year is much more of one, and although they could just reboot next year, even if Freeman leaves (because Acuna/Albies are great young talents), the vibes here just aren't very good. It's shades of the Falcons after 28-3.

Great ride for the Hawks after starting 14-20, having all those injuries, and firing Pierce.

It realistically likely ends here after a few more games. But it’s still been a great ride.

Back