• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Most of the above mentioned changes are true. Bristol dirt, Atlanta 400miler in July, Road America July 4th weekend, NASCAR/IndyCar doubleheader on the Indianapolis road course, Darlington gets Mother's Day weekend and Labor Day, Circuit of the Americas replaces a Texas race
Bout damn time Atlanta gets its other race back. They need to stick to their roots and quit trying to spread it out. The Bristol dirt race is interesting but I do like Bristol like it is.

Since Nashville is kind of in between Atl, Stl and Cinci i wonder which MLB team is most popular there ? Im guessing that Nashville is Cardinals country ?
Lot of transplants living in Nashville area, so who knows. I'd bet the majority of baseball fans are Braves fans there though... Also the Nashville Sounds are a Texas Rangers affiliate, so people might follow them as well.

Lot of transplants living in Nashville area, so who knows. I'd bet the majority of baseball fans are Braves fans there though... Also the Nashville Sounds are a Texas Rangers affiliate, so people might follow them as well.
As big as Nashville is getting i think they could support an MLB team. It seems to be a pretty big sports city.

It's crazy how there are 9 MLB teams in the Midwest but only 3 in the SE. The SE definitely seems to be under representative when it comes to sports compared to areas further north. MLB would be more fun in the SE if there were teams nearby you could compete against instead of being in a division with teams close to 1,000 miles away. I don't think there's a team in the Braves division that's within 600 miles of Atlanta.

Back