• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Sports Thread

GaStorm

Supporter
Reaction score
Well this puts the Kershaw is king argument to rest. This is over. Never forget that Big Papi said Dodgers would win 14-3 tonight. We get no respect and I like it that way.
Yeah it's like that all the time for the Braves. Luckily they at least have a WS title or it would be worse.

Edit: At least Frank Thomas apologized after the game and gave us some love lol.

Last edited:

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Happy to be wrong, the things that happened tonight make me think the tide might truly be turning. Had no idea Wilson was going to do what he did (that's the kind of thing you really need in a run) and we'd finally get to Kershaw, even if he might not be 100%...

GaStorm

Supporter
Reaction score
I really hope the Braves win tonight and get it over with. My heart can't take another outcome similar to how the Super Bowl played out in 2017. Please Braves reverse the Atlanta curse and show the world that Atlanta can do something right.
First off the Braves are not the Falcons and already won a title in '95. I was there at Fulton County stadium when they won. 😁
Also, Atlanta United won a title so there technically is no curse.

Dewpoint Dan

Reaction score
First off the Braves are not the Falcons and already won a title in '95. I was there at Fulton County stadium when they won. 😁
Also, Atlanta United won a title so there technically is no curse.
The Braves should have won at least 5 World Series titles since 1991. They choked many more times than the Falcons ever have despite winning the WS in 95. The fact that the Marlins have won more WS than the Braves since 91 is a disgrace.

cd2play

Reaction score
I really hope the Braves win tonight and get it over with. My heart can't take another outcome similar to how the Super Bowl played out in 2017. Please Braves reverse the Atlanta curse and show the world that Atlanta can do something right.
Watch the Braves get to the World Series, then MLB get shut down because of the mumps... I mean COVID.

GaStorm

Supporter
Reaction score
The Braves should have won at least 5 World Series titles since 1991. They choked many more times than the Falcons ever have despite winning the WS in 95. The fact that the Marlins have won more WS than the Braves since 91 is a disgrace.
Well at least they won it all before. It's better than saying they never won after making it there several times. I agree they should of won more but that's all in the past so nothing they can do now except win it all again to shut up the commentators.

cd2play

Reaction score
Well at least they won it all before. It's better than saying they never won after making it there several times. I agree they should of won more but that's all in the past so nothing they can do now except win it all again to shut up the commentators.
And Georgia needs a championship, whether through the Falcons, Braves, or Dawgs... I know a lot of Georgia sports fans have been jaded after the recent blown opportunities

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I think, or at least would prefer you open with Minter today and then see what you can get from Wright I guess (although others would probably prefer he starts because he's used to starting). If you're leading after that, then you go after ending the series with the best pitchers you can throw, and if not, you might need to lean toward playing for going all in on game 6.

I'm comfortable with what Fried can do, but if we were to last to 7, I actually don't feel so good about Anderson. All in all, with how the Braves have done in games that Fried started in 2020, Braves in 6 looks solid right now.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
The Rays are really about to blow a 3-0 series lead.

I'd actually favor the Braves or, I suppose, Dodgers as well above the Astros as well but boy, if this series gets fully blown by the Rays, can't imagine the kind of momentum the Astros are going to have coming in....sigh.

Edit: Although I won't watch if it ends up being another Dodgers-Astros series.

cd2play

Reaction score
The Rays are really about to blow a 3-0 series lead.

I'd actually favor the Braves or, I suppose, Dodgers as well above the Astros as well but boy, if this series gets fully blown by the Rays, can't imagine the kind of momentum the Astros are going to have coming in....sigh.

Edit: Although I won't watch if it ends up being another Fraudgers-Asterisks series.
Fixed