• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

It looked like they were letting them score after the penalty.
I told my wife that they should have let the guy that broke the initial big play go ahead and score. Because he would have kept going and the Eagles would have gotten the ball back with about 1:50 left to play. But teams don't watch TV, I guess, and they probably haven't ever seen Mahomes play before.

I told my wife that they should have let the guy that broke the initial big play go ahead and score. Because he would have kept going and the Eagles would have gotten the ball back with about 1:50 left to play. But teams don't watch TV, I guess, and they probably haven't ever seen Mahomes play before.
Yea... It's easy to say let them score and we'll have a chance to score until you do that and then go out and throw a pick and look like a complete fool.

Kind of agree against Mahommes though. He will score a TD in a situation like that 9/10 times.

Welp…Mahomes did Mahomes things. How did the Eagles lose that game…they are so dominant majority of that game. Great game though.
The Eagles mysteriously thought that you should play 30 yards off of opposing players on back to back drives, allowing them to walk into the end zone.

The Eagles' skill players mysteriously forgot how to get open and the offensive coordinator mysteriously forgot how to design effective plays.

The Eagles mysteriously allowed the Chiefs to use maximum time on their last drive, knowing that a field goal would be guaranteed with little time left on the clock.

Mahomes is the only athlete in the entire world who mysteriously is unbothered by a high ankle sprain, to the complete and utter shock, shock I say, of analysts and commentators everywhere.

And the refs mysteriously call a phantom holding on the defender when it was clear that Mahomes accidentally threw a bad pass.

The Eagles were never going to win this game, which is the only thing that was not a mystery. ?

They need pass interference call flags. Two a game. That penalty is too impactful on the game.
Don’t think I disagree with that. A true PI should be called every time, but I think too many get called when it’s just good defense. The NFL has become such an offense promoted and officiated sport. It seems in my childhood we didn’t see PI’s called nearly as frequently.

Don’t think I disagree with that. A true PI should be called every time, but I think too many get called when it’s just good defense. The NFL has become such an offense promoted and officiated sport. It seems in my childhood we didn’t see PI’s called nearly as frequently.
Yea that one was weak. I guess it's hard to define weak in real time. But a review should be allowed for game changing calls like that (even if just in playoffs).

The Eagles mysteriously thought that you should play 30 yards off of opposing players on back to back drives, allowing them to walk into the end zone.

The Eagles' skill players mysteriously forgot how to get open and the offensive coordinator mysteriously forgot how to design effective plays.

The Eagles mysteriously allowed the Chiefs to use maximum time on their last drive, knowing that a field goal would be guaranteed with little time left on the clock.

Mahomes is the only athlete in the entire world who mysteriously is unbothered by a high ankle sprain, to the complete and utter shock, shock I say, of analysts and commentators everywhere.

And the refs mysteriously call a phantom holding on the defender when it was clear that Mahomes accidentally threw a bad pass.

The Eagles were never going to win this game, which is the only thing that was not a mystery. ?
They've made the games so sterile from too many rules, made parity the goal, made them so even the games can be close at the end and many are...see the Falcon's season..... they've made it an offensive game where teams score a lot of points, and even top defenses struggle to stop them...then at the end of games officials determine the outcome by putting flags on the scales. Makes no sense. They've carefully sculpted the games into wastes of time and energy....unless your team got the benefit of the flag.

Back