• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

I love how the Big 10 and Pac 12 are wanting to move the season to the spring.... but what happens if the SEC,ACC, and Big 12 play this fall ?

Just got back from my tasks of the day. While I was out and had lull periods, I saw that the Big 10 was "uncancelled" for now.

Huh. I'm guessing they didn't expect to meet solid resistance this time and their school presidents likely also got a knock on the door by the big donors after that announcement that 12 of 14 wanted to cancel, along with I believe a Nebraska senator drafting a letter to Big 10 schools saying that we don't need to cancel.

Things don't look great with the protocols right now (if we do try you're likely going to see entire teams have to postpone doing prep work), but if I were to guess, we're not at cancelling yet. At least outside of the Big 10/Pac 12 maybe.

Tell Nebraska and Iowa to come on over to the darkside SBC. We got room lol. I know 1st hand kids are in camp and first hand their have been posotives. They quarentine, and the train rolls on. Several have made it back.

ACC perspective at least as of this moment is: after a rough start we have had ZERO cases for several weeks, as long as our players keep taking precautions (wearing a mask and not partying), we can likely continue to move forward in continuing to get ready to play.

Last edited:
I predict the Big 10 will announce today that the season will be delayed until Sept 26. Not sure about the Pac 12.

I predict the Big 10 will announce today that the season will be delayed until Sept 26. Not sure about the Pac 12.

I think it's already been said that the Pac 12 is delaying until October 24th.

I think that's simply a tactic to try to prevent a wave of transfers as I've already been assuming that there's no chance that they play. I don't feel great about anyone playing but the right move right now is to just keep watching the MLB to see what happens.

I think it's already been said that the Pac 12 is delaying until October 24th.

I think that's simply a tactic to try to prevent a wave of transfers as I've already been assuming that there's no chance that they play. I don't feel great about anyone playing but the right move right now is to just keep watching the MLB to see what happens.
I don’t think enough is being talked about in regards to how well MLB is doing. 1/3 of the season is complete and there have only been 2 teams out of 30 with positives since the season began. Not to mention those 2 teams broke protocol. It’s so funny to me how everyone especially national sports broadcasters and writers were saying there’s no way it can work, the season will be canned 2 weeks in. The success needs to be talked about and modeled.

Big 10 is cancelling fall football season. Will attempt to play in the spring. There is NO way they will play in the spring. That's just silly.

Can someone tell me why the ACC medical expert says that football can be played safely and the Big 10 is postposing the season ? I guess football can be played safely in the ACC but not the Big 10 ?

Can someone tell me why the ACC medical expert says that football can be played safely and the Big 10 is postposing the season ? I guess football can be played safely in the ACC but not the Big 10 ?

Politics. Big 10 is mainly in Dem states whereas the ACC is mainly in GOP states. It is silly but true.

Big 10 is a stupid name.

Big 10 is cancelling fall football season. Will attempt to play in the spring. There is NO way they will play in the spring. That's just silly.
tenor.gif

Politics. Big 10 is mainly in Dem states whereas the ACC is mainly in GOP states. It is silly but true.
I mean the midwest is pretty conservative isnt it ? I don't think of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa being very liberal states. If anything the ACC is in states that are more liberal such as MA, NY.

I mean the midwest is pretty conservative isnt it ? I don't think of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa being very liberal states. If anything the ACC is in states that are more liberal such as MA, NY, MD.
Well Ohio state, penn state, and Nebraska have already said they will play if they can join another league for this year. The precedent has already been set for that with Notre Dame coming to the ACC.

Back