• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

We’ll see...It only takes one of the power 5 to collapse the whole thing. Don’t forget...We live in a world of cupcakes...Fear makes people do a lot of crazy and unnecessary things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MAC isn’t a power 5 so I think we are only waiting on the Big Ten I think. I don’t see any P5 canceling the season. Just too much money. It’s like you said people do some crazy things . You lose football and you lost all your money for every other sport. It would be a disaster for many years to come.

MAC isn’t a power 5 so I think we are only waiting on the Big Ten I think. I don’t see any P5 canceling the season. Just too much money. It’s like you said people do some crazy things . You lose football and you lost all your money for every other sport. It would be a disaster for many years to come.

Yep! 100% agree! If we can hold the P5 together we should be ok but if one folds all bits are off at that pt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnVbAOd.png

Great day for the Braves. Sweep over the Phillies and now they are in 1st place. Great day for Acuna and Freeman. I kinda like the 7 inning games.

While protocol is that everything has to freeze with even just 1-4 positive tests, any kind of football is going to be a poop show.

It sucks. But at least I rigged my Wii to where I can play again and I most likely have school.

After I saw an AL.com article and have had some time to think, then sleep on it, I think the SEC and ACC probably try to tell the Big 10 to pound sand for now. There is a small chance they succeed if the Big 12 will lean with them.

Doing so is unlikely to end well for sure, but in the case of the SEC especially, a little over 48 hours ago, you released your +2, and now another conference is trying to coordinate a widespread cancellation? Personally, I'd be miffed.

Sankey so far is taking the correct move, but that correct move is also revealing that sports without a bubble can be insanely difficult right now.

Dan Patrick says the Big 10 and Pac 12 will cancel their seasons tomorrow. The Big 12 and ACC are on the fence, and the SEC is trying to get other teams to join them for a season this fall.

If the SEC and ACC can get the Big 12 to lean with them, the small possibility of fall football will live on for at least a few more weeks.

I wonder why there's such a difference in opinions between the Big 10/Pac 12 and SEC. Why would those 2 conferences cancel but not the SEC ? Is covid more rampant in the midwest than in the south ? Maybe football isnt a big money maker in the Big 10 like it is in the SEC ?

According to Dan Patrick, 12 of the 14 presidents from the Big 10 voted against having a season. Nebraska and Iowa were the two that are pushing to play. BTW, why is it called the Big 10 if there are 14 teams ?

It's apparently now official that the Big 10 has cancelled.

All I have to say is wow.

2019 was worse than 2020 for me and my family, but this is a year I'm going to be telling my grandchildren about.

I wonder why there's such a difference in opinions between the Big 10/Pac 12 and SEC. Why would those 2 conferences cancel but not the SEC ? Is covid more rampant in the midwest than in the south ? Maybe football isnt a big money maker in the Big 10 like it is in the SEC ?

Politics believe it or not. Conferences that are cancelling are generally majority Blue states while those not are majority Red. Silly politics have crept into everything related to Covid. Smh

Back