• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

SouthernWx get together?

If, when and where are we gonna meet? I need to make plans
I think we should make a plan for next Summer now and stuck to it so we all can plan and save some cash etc... We can book a place a few months in advance so that should work. Knowing the total amount of people going is the key. We would need a drop dead deadline on going so we can book a place that fits the amount of people going. More people the cheaper the cost. I say Florida in July or August so maybe we can get lucky and time it right for a hurricane landfall.

I think we should make a plan for next Summer now and stuck to it so we all can plan and save some cash etc... We can book a place a few months in advance so that should work. Knowing the total amount of people going is the key. We would need a drop dead deadline on going so we can book a place that fits the amount of people going. More people the cheaper the cost. I say Florida in July or August so maybe we can get lucky and time it right for a hurricane landfall.

On the flip side, you could do somewhere above 4k in January (Highlands, Maggie Valley, Banner Elk, etc.) to see some snow that a lot of the board doesn't get to see to often. AirBnBs should be relatively cheap around that time.

On the flip side, you could do somewhere above 4k in January (Highlands, Maggie Valley, Banner Elk, etc.) to see some snow that a lot of the board doesn't get to see to often. AirBnBs should be relatively cheap around that time.
I definitely think we should do one sooner than later

Everyone party at my house. Free alcohol and a grill out. Bring your swimsuit for those who doesn't skinny dip. Come join me, we'll have a blast!!

Everyone party at my house. Free alcohol and a grill out. Bring your swimsuit for those who doesn't skinny dip. Come join me, we'll have a blast!!
I’ve got my bathing suit ready! I’m down 5kg, I’m ready to rock the hammock soon

I was thinking let’s do a get-together at Merlefest. That way plenty of food and drink options. And for those who want to stay longer can do camping or hotel shuttle and enjoy the music. Plus if it low turnout there will still be thousands of other people there and can bring families. September 16-19th it will give everyone options to make it. Money no issue if you volunteer to work a small shift you get free entry.

Last edited:
I was thinking let’s do a get-together at Merlefest. That way plenty of food and drink options. And for those who want to stay longer can do camping or hotel shuttle and enjoy the music. Plus if it low turnout there will still be thousands of other people there and can bring families. September 16-19th it will give everyone options to make it. Money no issue if you volunteer to work a small shift you get free entry.
Welcome back

Back