• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Solar Eclipse Forecast

Need a trustworthy person that's gonna be in a great spot during the eclipse . Message me if that's you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in about 2 min of totality, at my house. Trustworthy, mostly!
I hear Clemson@ an I 85 exit, was the best viewing spot in SC

Playlist, Albums and Stretches. Thanks to everyone for your contributions!

Playlist:
1. Blinded By the Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band
2. The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd
3. Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
4. Eclipse - Pink Floyd
5. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
6. Out Go the Lights - Aerosmith
7. Sunshine Daydream - Grateful Dead
8. Dark Star - Grateful Dead
9. Needle and Spoon - Savoy Brown or Lynard Skinnard
10. Red Rubber Ball - The Cyrkle
11. Good Day Sunshine - Beatles
12. Here Comes the Sun - George Harrison Live
13. Dark Hollow - Bob Weir or the Grateful Dead
14. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
15. Not Dark Yet - Clapton
16. Hit the Lights - Metallica
17. Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
18. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
19. Moonshadow - Cat Stevens

Entire Albums:
1. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
2. Anthem of the Sun - Grateful Dead

Stretches:
1. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
2. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Beatles
3. Moondance - Van Morrison

I'm in about 2 min of totality, at my house. Trustworthy, mostly!
I hear Clemson@ an I 85 exit, was the best viewing spot in SC
I may be going down into Laurens county for this. Hopefully the weather will work out.

Concerning conditions surrounding the eclipse on Monday, August 21:
Expect partly cloudy conditions during this period. There will
likely be some scattered showers and storms around during the
afternoon. Temperatures look to be in the mid to upper 80s outside
the higher elevations with a few degrees cooldown as the eclipse
occurs.

Not great news for the GSP area.

Playlist, Albums and Stretches. Thanks to everyone for your contributions!

Playlist:
1. Blinded By the Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band
2. The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd
3. Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
4. Eclipse - Pink Floyd
5. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
6. Out Go the Lights - Aerosmith
7. Sunshine Daydream - Grateful Dead
8. Dark Star - Grateful Dead
9. Needle and Spoon - Savoy Brown or Lynard Skinnard
10. Red Rubber Ball - The Cyrkle
11. Good Day Sunshine - Beatles
12. Here Comes the Sun - George Harrison Live
13. Dark Hollow - Bob Weir or the Grateful Dead
14. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
15. Not Dark Yet - Clapton
16. Hit the Lights - Metallica
17. Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
18. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
19. Moonshadow - Cat Stevens

Entire Albums:
1. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
2. Anthem of the Sun - Grateful Dead

Stretches:
1. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
2. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Beatles
3. Moondance - Van Morrison
Ed Sheeran: Watch the sunset over the Castle on the Hill.

I received a package in the mail today that 100 percent validates how awesome the members of this board truly are. Skywatcher sent me a pair of eclipse glasses !!!! I have been looking everywhere for them over the last two weeks and everywhere I went they we sold out . But today thanks to the kindness of skywatcher I have a pair!!! Might not seem like a big to some but it completely made my day . Thank you so much
963e3fcfc08600ff9d92e030ec4531f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THis is not a forcast question but a general eclipse question. I am in the path of totality. It's safe to take glasses of during totality but not partial. After totality ends. How long do you keep glasses on? Asking because schools are lettting glasses go out for totality and within 10 minutes after school is being dismissed. What about kids looking up at dismissal.

THis is not a forcast question but a general eclipse question. I am in the path of totality. It's safe to take glasses of during totality but not partial. After totality ends. How long do you keep glasses on? Asking because schools are lettting glasses go out for totality and within 10 minutes after school is being dismissed. What about kids looking up at dismissal.

https://eclipse.aas.org/eclipse-america/eclipse-experience

Read the article above, and anywhere it states "Filters off" or "Filters on" (they are referring to camera solar filters), substitute "Glasses". That's how I'm interpreting it, anyway.

I'm frankly surprised that the schools would want to assume liability for their students. Are they providing eclipse glasses for the entire student body? They are letting schools out for at least a half day in some school systems around here to move the liability to the parents (where it belongs).

https://eclipse.aas.org/eclipse-america/eclipse-experience

Read the article above, and anywhere it states "Filters off" or "Filters on" (they are referring to camera solar filters), substitute "Glasses". That's how I'm interpreting it, anyway.

I'm frankly surprised that the schools would want to assume liability for their students. Are they providing eclipse glasses for the entire student body? They are letting schools out for at least a half day in some school systems around here to move the liability to the parents (where it belongs).
I believe I read per NASA you could look at it only if you are in totality, but no other time. As for schools, one of our local elementary schools got pairs for everyone, but found out that they were not to standard. Sad that they didn't get them from a reliable source. Schools here are holding the elementary kids longer due to the eclipse.

I believe I read per NASA you could look at it only if you are in totality, but no other time. As for schools, one of our local elementary schools got pairs for everyone, but found out that they were not to standard. Sad that they didn't get them from a reliable source. Schools here are holding the elementary kids longer due to the eclipse.

Yes, that is correct. Bummer about the sub-par batch of glasses, but I personally wouldn't want to be responsible for an entire student body gazing at the sun even with the best of glasses.

It's my sisters district where she teaches. My kids are out all day here in Columbia. I told her to call in sick. Yes they got everyone glasses but how is one teacher going to make sure 20 first graders keep their glasses on

Our school's changed there mind about letting kids go out and watch the event. There letting them watch it from inside live stream.

Back