• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Site Upgrade

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
We have upgraded the forum software. Here are some major changes:

- We no longer have to use third party addons to do a lot of what we want.
- The site looks different. This is temporary. We won't be going back to the old look, but we have something better coming.
- We have implemented a new warning system that works. 5 points, and you're put in timeout for 7 days.
- We now force SSL (Secure Connections) to use our website for your and our security.
- We have converted the database and now support full Emoji support from your phone apps.
- The old donation system is no more. Previous supporters will be grandfathered in and keep their supporter tags.

There is more information and changes coming over the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m on iPhone and I can’t tell how many pages a thread has or automatically pick the last page. All I see are the threads. I click on one and it takes me to the first page. :(

EV_WS

Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought it would be cool to have along with "Like" a "LOL", "Sad", "Thank You". Just my 2 cents. ;)

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
The forum will take emojis from phone input now since I changed the encoding on the database tables today.

Now, that is odd about the page refresh thing on apple products. This is just the default theme that comes with Xenforo that should have been amply tested before they'd release it.

Maybe it is intended. Does it not take you to the last unread post if you're logged in?

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
No problem guys. We will be having a change of theme soon enough to hopefully fix that pagination issue. I'll get with Charlie and Shane soon and decide which direction we want to go.

The software upgrade was absolutely essential for some future features we want on our site, so things are just kind of "default" right now.

Outside of that mobile theme issue, we are almost to a point of the site never going down during big events/model runs, and I call that a major win.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
Can we get back "members viewing thread"?
I am not 100% sure on that. The reason being, during large events, it pulls a large query out of the database. I will look into it on this new upgrade, but Xenforo aren't doing it on a default installation, likely for speed and stability reasons.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
Okay, you guys on mobile are not the only ones with the issue. Here is what is said:

weee.PNG

I will apply the fix, but it probably wont work well.. but better than nothing I guess.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
Okay mobile friends. The fix has been applied. You should have page navigation at the top and bottom now. You can click the button and manually put a page number in even.

Wildboutsnow

Supporter
Reaction score
okay, I'm lost on iphone. Dec deal or no deal. All I see is November stuff. No page numbers. Good on desk top though. Anything I need to do or work in progress? I won't freak out yet. LOL

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Shawn. When I’m logged in, it takes me to the last unread post, which is nice. But yeah, you can’t easily see the specific page numbers like you could with the last version. Not a huge deal, and certainly more than offset by the benefits of the upgrade. Thanks for all the hard work!

gawxnative

Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Shawn..I still cannot log in from pc..if you can please send reset password email ,I hope that will work..
Thanks for all your work!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
okay, I'm lost on iphone. Dec deal or no deal. All I see is November stuff. No page numbers. Good on desk top though. Anything I need to do or work in progress? I won't freak out yet. LOL
Hi Shawn..I still cannot log in from pc..if you can please send reset password email ,I hope that will work..

@Shawn aka superman....

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score

Alright, I will reset your password but there's an issue. How will I deliver it to you since it changes, it will log you out; lol.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright, I will reset your password but there's an issue. How will I deliver it to you since it changes, it will log you out; lol.
I took care of this on FB he should be fine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NoSnowATL

Reaction score
Okay mobile friends. The fix has been applied. You should have page navigation at the top and bottom now. You can click the button and manually put a page number in even.
The January Thread isn’t coming up on my iPhone, tried logging off and back on. Any suggestions? Thanks

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
The January Thread isn’t coming up on my iPhone, tried logging off and back on. Any suggestions? Thanks
Try clearing your cache/history on safari. If you don't want to do that, maybe try install g google chrome browser app or tapatalk