• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Site Upgrade

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
I can’t access the forum via tapa
I bet ya it's because the stupid tapa plugin needs to be updated. I'll update it.. but know i absolutely hate tapatalk. Give me a few.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
No rush . Yeah it says something about the server then forces you to open in browser
I pushed the update.. try now.. sometimes it can take a bit to sync again.

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
Are there supposed to be ads showing up on top starting with this update? I'm seeing them on both my PC and phone but don't recall seeing them before on a regular basis. TIA

Edit: I'm seeing video ads both on top and on the bottom.

Edit: Is anyone besides Rosie (I assume based on her like) and myself seeing these ads?

Last edited:

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
Are there supposed to be ads showing up on top starting with this update? I'm seeing them on both my PC and phone but don't recall seeing them before on a regular basis. TIA

Edit: I'm seeing video ads both on top and on the bottom.

Edit: Is anyone besides Rosie (I assume based on her like) and myself seeing these ads?
check now.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
Would be cool if only the top 10 threads were on the homepage. Hate loading them all when I don’t (or anyone really) frequents them all to discuss old stuff. Maybe have an option to load the rest or a drop down.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
Would be cool if only the top 10 threads were on the homepage. Hate loading them all when I don’t (or anyone really) frequents them all to discuss old stuff. Maybe have an option to load the rest or a drop down.
This wasn't a bad idea. It saves resources by querying the database less, and most if not everyone skips those pages. I have now changed it to show the top 10, which I may tune down even more. For those that want to see more, there's now a navigation menu for pages underneath.

znel52

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the place for this but any chance of the dark theme option in the future? For me personally it is easier on the eyes. I understand if the interest isn't there though I don't expect it to be implemented just for me. Thanks!

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the place for this but any chance of the dark theme option in the future? For me personally it is easier on the eyes. I understand if the interest isn't there though I don't expect it to be implemented just for me. Thanks!
A lot of people are requesting it. I wish xenforo way a bit better with their styling options.. but at some point I can probably at least make the text areas/background darker.

znel52

Reaction score
No worries man I like the new theme as well nice work on it! I typically use dark themes but if xenforo doesn't really allow it then it isn't a huge deal was just throwing it out there!