• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather Threat April 2-3

The clouds here kinda have that "look" before a major thunderstorm that I've often seen but that area has weakened a little.

The atmosphere seems unstable to me. It's windy and a little humid.

I think this is from a different cell, but there's a tornado warning in southwest Fulton County.

At least on the map, but I wonder if this is a similar mistake to one I've seen recently.

Significant injuries being reported now from the Paulding county storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WSB just said there were no injuries and nothing showing a tornado touched down according to emergency officials.

Uhm. My back yard can do without this: (of course the ridiculous sounding says PDS TOR lol)

dasda.png

Nevermind, the storm that prompted a tornado warning had weakened, so no wonder it wasn't shown on the forecast.

This apparently isn't the same case though:

Severe Weather Statement
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
1156 AM EDT MON APR 3 2017

GAC053-145-197-215-263-031615-
/O.CON.KFFC.TO.W.0023.000000T0000Z-170403T1615Z/
Marion GA-Muscogee GA-Chattahoochee GA-Talbot GA-Harris GA-
1156 AM EDT MON APR 3 2017

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1215 PM EDT FOR
NORTHWESTERN MARION...NORTHEASTERN MUSCOGEE...NORTHEASTERN
CHATTAHOOCHEE...SOUTHWESTERN TALBOT AND SOUTHEASTERN HARRIS
COUNTIES...

At 1156 AM EDT, a severe squall line capable of producing both
tornadoes and extensive straight line wind damage was located over
Box Springs, or 12 miles southwest of Talbotton, moving east at 50
mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage
to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is
likely.

Locations impacted include...
Geneva, Upatoi, Ellerslie, Box Springs, Marion Estates, Juniper,
Eelbeck/West Fort Benning, Baughville and Olive Branch.

There all kinds of reports on Twitter , who knows if they are correct but there are at least 10 different reports of injuries that I've found
ed2b3379dc039ede68609c305751e652.jpg

WSB said two tornados touched down, and then said emergency management didn't see where any touched down and no injuries. Weird.

Just got off the phone with a friend of mine in Dallas, GA. As I posted before he said Tractor Supply and Greystone Power got hit and there are several injuries. He sent me pics of the cloud tops but trees were blocking anything farther

On twitter, this is apparently the weakened area of rotation from the Paulding County tornado touchdowns, not the tornado, but a sign there was, or may have been a tornado touchdown:

I am hearing bad reports out of Paulding. My son lives there but is in class at Kennesaw State. He said they are buckling down.

I am hearing bad reports out of Paulding. My son lives there but is in class at Kennesaw State. He said they are buckling down.

Yeah I keep seeing reports of injuries despite some news organizations saying nothing happened.

Back