• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather Threat 7/20 - 7/21

nice.. look at this triple whammy...

centgrtlakes.gif

not sure if any of the mesoscale models predicted a three pronged attack... interesting.

HRRR has More storms for sure for GA! We are not done yet!
Yeah, round one here is just a few rumbles of thunder and nice blob of mid/heavy rain! Let’s get this out of here, get some sun by noon, then lookout this afternoon!

Yeah, round one here is just a few rumbles of thunder and nice blob of mid/heavy rain! Let’s get this out of here, get some sun by noon, then lookout this afternoon!
The morning storms that were supposed to follow didn't develop since the line is going strong south. Clearing out here and I can tell its going to be fuel to the storms around the mid afternoon at this rate.

Well...interesting morning to say the least... Lost internet, and cell data (but not power..lol) I have to say I cannot ever remember seeing an "at dawn" system come through here in July EVER... no hail here but peak gust of 68.. and 1.29" in 20 mins... and almost continuous GC .. with many nearby strikes...

Another bust here and I was dead smack in the moderate warning with a 10% chance of tornadoes yesterday. I’m not complaining by any means as I don’t want any severe weather. The last few years though no matter how good the setup some how something stops the big severe storms from happening over my area.

That MCS last night really raked over a lot of the atmosphere last night! I’m down to a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms, no mention of severe anymore! But full sun now, so wait and see and radar watch

That MCS last night really raked over a lot of the atmosphere last night! I’m down to a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms, no mention of severe anymore! But full sun now, so wait and see and radar watch
Yeah, I wonder if it is even going to develop anything else today or be further delayed. Seems like it wiped more to the west than expected causing the flow to be disrupted that would have generated showers.

Yeah full sun right now IMBY

I’ve got a bad feeling about this evening

Yeah, I wonder if it is even going to develop anything else today or be further delayed. Seems like it wiped more to the west than expected causing the flow to be disrupted that would have generated showers.
Sure looks like S GA is in the cross-hairs this afternoon ...

activity_loop.gif

Severe Thunderstorm Watch
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 299
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
1110 AM EDT SAT JUL 21 2018

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 299 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS -
GEORGIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

APPLING ATKINSON BACON
BAKER BEN HILL BERRIEN
BRANTLEY BROOKS CALHOUN
CAMDEN CHARLTON CLAY