• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Severe Weather Threat 7/20 - 7/21 (1 Viewer)

stormcentral

Storm Central Wx
Confidence has been increasing in a threat for severe weather by Friday July 20, 2018

Modes indicating a potential high impact event with volatile conditions in place in a large portion of our viewers coverage area
All hazards appear possible at this time!
We are less then 1 day from the EVENT

FB_IMG_1531977532573.jpg

Not something you would normally see in late July.
Very rare for late July. I’m hoping it ends up being weaker then forecasted as many systems have up here over the last few years. It has been quite awhile since northern middle Tennessee has been hit hard so unfortunately we are due one of these days. Oh winter how I miss you.

ForsythSnow

Staff member
No kidding! That looks like a big time wind and hail threat to me!
Winds are the highest risk here I think. Just hoping we don't get winds over 60 mph from this. That would do a ton of damage. Looks like it's going to be between 6 and 8 am here when it comes in so at least we can sleep some here.

Parker

Supporter
I feel like this threat is a bust for most of the Alabama folks. The HRRR has looked way less than impressive for us. I just don’t see anything intializing in a place that would affect many in Alabama, especially the central portions. I have been pretty skeptical all day, but maybe the HRRR is out to lunch. It’s so tough to forecast these things this time of year.

ForsythSnow

Staff member
I feel like this threat is a bust for most of the Alabama folks. The HRRR has looked way less than impressive for us. I just don’t see anything intializing in a place that would affect many in Alabama, especially the central portions. I have been pretty skeptical all day, but maybe the HRRR is out to lunch. It’s so tough to forecast these things this time of year.
It's still too early to tell. The main event is still in KY, so that means there is still awhile to go.

whamby

politicians discussing climate change
cool little graphic I stole from Americanwx... shows the rotation from several hours ago that prompted a tornado warning near Spring City, Tn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)