• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather Threat 7/20 - 7/21

stormcentral

First Alert Wx
Reaction score
Confidence has been increasing in a threat for severe weather by Friday July 20, 2018

Modes indicating a potential high impact event with volatile conditions in place in a large portion of our viewers coverage area
All hazards appear possible at this time!
We are less then 1 day from the EVENT

FB_IMG_1531977532573.jpg

Large portion of TN and KY under the gun today. The tornadoes in Iowa yesterday weren't even expected.

Any chance this threat holds together further east this weekend?

Wow, moderate risk for Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee now.

day1otlk_1300.gif

Not something you would normally see in late July.
Very rare for late July. I’m hoping it ends up being weaker then forecasted as many systems have up here over the last few years. It has been quite awhile since northern middle Tennessee has been hit hard so unfortunately we are due one of these days. Oh winter how I miss you.

I feel like this threat is a bust for most of the Alabama folks. The HRRR has looked way less than impressive for us. I just don’t see anything intializing in a place that would affect many in Alabama, especially the central portions. I have been pretty skeptical all day, but maybe the HRRR is out to lunch. It’s so tough to forecast these things this time of year.

I feel like this threat is a bust for most of the Alabama folks. The HRRR has looked way less than impressive for us. I just don’t see anything intializing in a place that would affect many in Alabama, especially the central portions. I have been pretty skeptical all day, but maybe the HRRR is out to lunch. It’s so tough to forecast these things this time of year.
It's still too early to tell. The main event is still in KY, so that means there is still awhile to go.

got some tornader warnings in Tn... Stormcentral running point on facebook...

cool little graphic I stole from Americanwx... shows the rotation from several hours ago that prompted a tornado warning near Spring City, Tn:
khtx_20180721_0252_NROT.png.f5990047ace625ad44e5f7be0594f5f0.png

Back