• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat (2/15 - 2/17)

Had several rounds of thunderstorms tonight in Goose Creek... amazingly, there were 2 offshore long lived supercells that had 34k to 38k couplets, large hail detected on VIL. This is actually the 4th thunderstorm day this MONTH here locally. We had thunderstorms on Saturday locked at 39...

NAM and GFS backed off a bit on Severe here don’t know if we can recover fast enough

That thing had to be a sig tor at one point View attachment 75422View attachment 75423
:(
My Mom was 4 miles south from this thing (she lives right at the intracoastal waterway) and just texted she was okay. The Ocean Ridge neighborhood where I think this hit is a newish development of well built homes. I'm very surprised at the damage seen so far. Will probably look even more significant at daylight.

day3otlk_0830.gif

Just found this. Treetops taken out. These trees survived
Isiais a few months back. (and a close call w/Florence a few years previously)

Last edited:
Um so, somehow I slept through the tornado last night near me because I'm on vacation at North Myrtle Beach!! We are staying 14.5 miles from where it hit.. Phones didn't adapt to the few warnings that were issued. My mom was up and said it was a voracious sounding thunderstorm but that was all. I feel terrible for the families that have losses. Never thought I'd be at the beach and be around severe tornado weather!

Um so, somehow I slept through the tornado last night near me because I'm on vacation at North Myrtle Beach!! We are staying 14.5 miles from where it hit.. Phones didn't adapt to the few warnings that were issued. My mom was up and said it was a voracious sounding thunderstorm but that was all. I feel terrible for the families that have losses. Never thought I'd be at the beach and be around severe tornado weather!
You were probably close to the cell that caused it.

Just talked to my mom down there (who is 4 miles south of path). Said the storm was bad at her house, but didn't seem much worse than usual. She got a warning alert on the phone, but it was right during or just after the worst of it. The phone alert may not have been in time for those in the path.

Is there a way I can see the radar during that time? I have radarscope (the base app) but I don't know where to find older radar scans. We determined that we weren't as close as we thought but close enough to make the hair on my neck crawl especially since we really didn't have a good place to shelter in, our vacation spot is on stilts! Last night we were out and it felt weirdly warm and it was foggy, very creepy feeling.

Is there a way I can see the radar during that time? I have radarscope (the base app) but I don't know where to find older radar scans. We determined that we weren't as close as we thought but close enough to make the hair on my neck crawl especially since we really didn't have a good place to shelter in, our vacation spot is on stilts! Last night we were out and it felt weirdly warm and it was foggy, very creepy feeling.
There's a way I'm sure, but I don't know how. (Hoping someone else can help you though) All I've seen so far are still radar images from after it crossed the state line.

Can't get snow but we can get tornadoes in winter in NC. Our climate is screwed up.

Reactions: IWC
Pgv is about 1.5 inches behind our wettest year to date NOT INCLUDING the overnight rainfall so when that updates I suspect we will be very close to our wettest year to date. Add what's coming end of this week and i suspect we either overtake it or get real close.

Back