• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe weather potential May 2 - 4

It's pretty tight rotation. Seems like each cell on this choo choo line is spinning some.Screenshot_20210504-111725.pngScreenshot_20210504-111716.png

Meso forming right here. A notch is clearly being made. Also a very healthy looking cell
Screenshot_20210504-112229.png

Wind driven MDT, good thing I bought a new iPhone with good battery

day1otlk_1630.gif

day1probotlk_1630_torn.gif
day1probotlk_1630_wind.gif

We are getting more unstable and losing the last bit of cin. Let's see if anything starts kicking in the western piedmont over the next couple hours. That's a very well defined/structured cold pool to our west with a potential mcv or 2 embedded. I'm not sold on much around here but trends aren't terrible

Definitely some stout winds in that storm coming through Spartanburg county. Lots of lightning and tons of rain. We’ve had a good bit of rain the last 2 days as well

Man I'm in downtown birmingham right now. And the rain is astounding. Already starting to flood some here

While I’m not convinced we get some severe storms today I bet we see a good amount of rain from some of the leftover stuff ... had probably a quarter to a half of an inch yesterday ... hoping it’ll hold us off enough until the next bout of storms

Man, a lot of rain coming into the SE the next few hours. Another day of BIG temp variations. GSP 74, CLT 82, CAE 87 right now. Just 66 for me and my high has only been 68; definitely glad to be in the cooler sector!

Back