• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather February 16th -18 2022

Just a warning, the 3km NAM’s sim radar is absolutely horrendous vs reality.
Which weather models are better? Seems like most of the other cams are similar to the 3km nams idea but less isolated.

Begs to question. Temps got higher today than forecasted and now cloud cover is supposed to build in which will trap some.of that heat down preventing Radiational cooling. Temps won't have to go as far to reach forecast projections tommorow. Instability may be under modeled a decent little bit.

Probably the ARW. Looking at wind fields I could definitely see a broken line of cells.
Im afraid the ARW looks worse than all the other models lol. Those are some healthy supercells. wrf-arw_ref_frzn_seus_36.pngwrf-arw_ref_frzn_seus_34.png

I wish ole JP dice would do a write up or blog on the threat, I miss him at Fox 6 and his angles on the weather. He was always very professional, met him when I was in highschool.

Very weak on UH though due to lack of instability and low lapse rates.
Go with a mix of the HRRR and the ARW and you have a pretty good threat. More and likely instability is underdone. Probably going to reach near 1000j of sbcape. Those lapse rates though are near the threshold of 6.5 on the HRRR. going to have to check those lapse rates at 00z tonight before I go to bed and see what it looks like.

Yep. Hard to punch low level mesocyclones down with that, the one that gets going gets going tho
Gut says with this type of setup, go with this area to see the highest shot at a damaging tornado.

Attachments

• D1D64DF9-8993-4867-B367-33ED89C66D04.jpeg
    D1D64DF9-8993-4867-B367-33ED89C66D04.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 39
Good grief the temps already in the 70s by 9-10 o'clock in the morning tommorow. Instability pushing north into central Alabama by 10 o'clock. Screenshot_20220216-174827-609.png
HRRRSE_sfc_temp_018 (1).png

Last edited by a moderator:
23z hrrr looks nasty. Temps in the 70s almost state wide by 11 o'clock. And sbcape almost covering the entire state. Something to note already 1000j pushing north from south MS.

Back