• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather 3/30-4/1 2021

I think timing and rather or not we get sun shine will play a role. In severe weather like for instance that line Sunday I had heavy rain a little thunder lightning. But Greenwood got the line later and had straight line wind damage trees and power lines down. 2-8pm will be the time to watch for isolated severe storms I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From NWS PTC
We are getting numerous reports of roads covered in water in portions of northwest GA. Recent heavy rains mean that it is very difficult for soils to take in water, so a lot of it is running off into rivers, creeks, and streams. Please, Turn Around Don't Drown! #gawx

NAM gives us a bit more fuel for the fire ... really will just be a nowcasting thing here .. if we can manage some sun maybe we can get some good elevated thunderstorms ??‍♂️

NAM gives us a bit more fuel for the fire ... really will just be a nowcasting thing here .. if we can manage some sun maybe we can get some good elevated thunderstorms ??‍♂️
Still cloudy here with a cool breeze. Not very muggy outside either. The rain/storms looks to be moving faster than modeled.

If there’s sun they wouldn’t be elevated, they would be surface based

Much of the marginal and slight risk area, typically when you have low level cape, and even small amounts of low level shear/helicity, you can get low topped thunderstorms with rotation/wind
Do you think the tornado threat is big today? I live on the southern edge of upstate sc and I'm getting a bit nervous.

4EAD6890-3B30-42F7-970E-E89A694D93E7.png

A little rotation? Passed directly over my place a few mins ago. Very gusty downpour. Maybe too broad to actually indicate anything, I'm certainly no radar expert.

Back