• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather 3/30-4/1 2021

BMX only showing a 1 on their scale for storms with wind and hail... tornadoes not mentioned... sure would be nice not to have tornado supercells for once.
i agree everything this season seems amplified 10x when it comes to severe weather. Can't remember the last time there was a back to to back high risk so early in a season

Looks like the NAM is adjusting wind profiles to be more favorable for tornadoes on Wednesday in the Carolinas

If nam holds a slight risk may be needed for Wednesday in Carolinas. Nothing eye popping but the line will move through during the evening so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lapse rates are horrendous tho, and Hodographs aren’t really concerning
Later threat = better LLJ/lapse rates
Earlier threat = more diurnal heating but ---- lapse rates and weak low level shear F96B45F0-3FA7-474A-9392-9C6FB43A84FF.png

Both Nam models show a tornado threat in Carolinas. Maybe low threat but a threat. The other models don’t really show much tornado risk. Something to watch but for now we can assume the Nam is likely to aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back