• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat 3/31-4/3

Going to be interesting to see how much instability we can generate today and how much subsidence was left in wake of the morning disturbance. With how much forcing is approaching you'd expect at least a broken line to move w to e today

Going to be interesting to see how much instability we can generate today and how much subsidence was left in wake of the morning disturbance. With how much forcing is approaching you'd expect at least a broken line to move w to e today

Timing is good for severe with peak heating being around the time the front comes through... any filtered sun would make things interesting.

SPC downgraded most of NC to a level 1 risk. As usual when we have rain in the morning and it takes a while to clear up. Usually need some clearing and sun to get the storms going here.

FB_IMG_1712155909717.jpg

"An EF-2 tornado with maximum winds of 115 mph traveled ENE 9.5 miles across Rockdale County, including the city of Conyers, downing hundreds of trees, many on homes, cars and businesses. Two injuries were reported."

LINK: LSR

DSC02490.jpeg
Was chasing that cell. 45 minutes or so after that screenshot I had a funnel try to put down, you can kind’ve see it in the picture. Even though I don’t think it produced, this barber pole structure was insane. Inflow was ripping 50-60 mph into it nearly blowing my hat off.

Last edited:
Not a good way for the SPC to start off the season......especially if we do get a setup to produce.

Back