• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Thread May 4-6

SPC is sleeping hard imo... Absence of a negatively tilted trough and a focus on other regions is likely why we are still under a D3 gen thunder. High-end parameter space w/ sfc low and all 4 pillars of convection covered. Also pretty good model agreement w/ NAM/GFS/Euro (last I checked)/RGEM and a couple other CAMs showing a superb environment for severe convection. Watching with a wary eye for now.

The only things I see about Friday that could really cut back on convection are early day convection along and NE of the WF which may slow its progression and keep more areas stable and the potential to get a mid level dry punch. That dry punch though may simply act to cut back on overall coverage and organization into a mcs and keep things more cellular assuming they aren't choked out. Otherwise the parameters are there for a higher end day by NC/VA standards

It has taken a while but storms are starting to organize a little south of the warm front. Storm to my southeast might be the first to watch depending on how it does with the warm front.0D30FFFF-27FB-48D6-91B4-B89C9518C5F3.png

received-580826700354902.webp

Wouldn’t be surprised if the storm behind the tornado warned one drops a tornado at some point down the line as well. Starting to organize at it approaches the warm front.E90A19D5-8480-4313-BEF1-2E5AF085DED5.png

Back