• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Thread May 4-6

Two severe thunderstorm warnings, one supercell intercept, solid shelf cloud, quarter sized hail, possible third thunderstorm entering stage left. Many severe reports across the entire SE. Solid event that I don’t think would verify as slight risk material but definitely not moderate risk material.. so I feel enhanced was the best way to convey the possibility of impactful severe weather

Saw several trees down on the way in to work this evening, tons of leaf litter and large branches....certainly was the best storm day around here since last spring....
Up through north Raleigh toward Creedmoor, there were several large branches down, a few stoplights offline, and a couple of split trees. Good storm up that way too.

Will leave this here. Not slight. Not moderate. Enhanced. View attachment 118213

Got to say it verified fairly well, I knew this morning when the dews were already well into the 60's and there was a lot of sun that it was gonna be more widespread than not....there were at least 2 confirmed tornados in NC that I know of and maybe a few more after they take a look. Especially the Wentworth cell it could have produced several different tornados.....plus the one in Mebane.

Saw several trees down on the way in to work this evening, tons of leaf litter and large branches....certainly was the best storm day around here since last spring....
That evening storm.had tons of lightning and I had a few bigger gusts probably 40-45mph. Some bigger rain totals as well. Definitely the best storm of the year imby.

Back