• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

We're getting consistent gusts in the 40s. Peeks of sun every now and then

Tornado watch here in Pigeon Forge and back home. Had some tornado warnings come on the radio for areas near Rutherfordton on the way here. Wonder if there will be any action back home or not.

Where are we looking for the second wave to hit? I’m south of Atlanta. Most of the action seems to be in north ga for the moment but some popping up in west central as well.

Where are we looking for the second wave to hit? I’m south of Atlanta. Most of the action seems to be in north ga for the moment but some popping up in west central as well.
NW Ga had most time to recover from Round 1.. The cells popping in West Central Ga, seem to be initiating from boundries left from earlier cells

Thankfully wave #1 was a complete dud through here. Some light rain, nothing else.
Here's hoping that wave #2 holds off, lets heating drop, and fizzles out too.

We're getting consistent gusts in the 40s. Peeks of sun every now and then
It’s been full sun here since about 5. Local mets saying tornado threat is going way down with 2nd wave. I’d be surprised if they even hold together here, just because of their trajectory, and the parent low rocketing NE. I just want a good thunderstorm. The first wave caused some downed trees and power lines, as close as Taylor’s , SC area

Wave 1 was pretty rough here in Lavonia. Tree came down right after I passed. Roads blocked scanner was active to say the least. Wind never stops. Hope round 2 is not bad but it sure feels like it could be. Just feels awful. Even though fascinating, more nervous these days:(:(

While critical angles aren't that great, this is still not a bad environment for rotating supercells later tonight in NC with the next round of storms associated w/ the cold front back over GA. Still plenty of CAPE, lots of low-level shear & SRH, plus low LCLs support a continued threat of isolated tornadoes well into the night

nam4km_2019041418_009_35.24--80.83.png

Back