• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

The new NAM has STPs in GA now peaking at 7 and 8 in places.
NAMNSTSE_con_stp_033.png
NAMNSTSE_con_stp_032.png

Just something Im noticing, a lot of the STP maps appear to be suffering from convection contamination. You can tell by noticing that the extreme STP values line up with the sim radar. Just food for thought.

By the time it progresses to near the Triangle, it should be in linear mode and thus reduce the tornado threat somewhat. Definitely should be sufficient cape and shear for convection with winds and at least some tornado threat.
Rotation with these storms is not impressive, but they are broken up with lots of ESRH, but a line segment just seems more likely like you said

9CC66CDD-978F-4E29-9ABB-754D1254726C.jpeg

Just something Im noticing, a lot of the STP maps appear to be suffering from convection contamination. You can tell by noticing that the extreme STP values line up with the sim radar. Just food for thought.

Yep, definitely some noise in there, still some legit high values in there tho

cb14e085465a179104eba46dc2a7d893.jpg

Considering that blob of pink is sitting over my backyard. That’s concerning the pink would potentially be super cells I would think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd still say a general 4 to 5 is bad enough though. I don't even want a 1 or 2 but a 4 to 5 is still significant enough. I get what you are saying though.

FWIW, the HRRR doesn't show the second round of storms that the 3km NAM is depicting.

That being said, it is more bullish with the morning round of storm. I checked the sounding here at 15z and it's a solid one for quick spin-up tornadoes.

I'd still say a general 4 to 5 is bad enough though. I don't even want a 1 or 2 but a 4 to 5 is still significant enough. I get what you are saying though.

Im kind of curious if they didnt change the values again or as I said last night the STP numbers are just high from the very high shear values.

NAM sounding for tomorrow afternoon for the Triad...PDS TOR (does that mean what I think it means?)

nam_2019041312_036_36.07--80.16.png

I don’t know if it matters but it is currently extremely muggy and warm feeling. Does not have the usual stable cool feel

Can anybody get a gate to gate shear on that thing? Its rotating like a top.

Back