• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

I wonder with less travel due to COVID it’s causing cooler temps now going into winter. I mean the air is cleaner who knows

I couldn't be happier with how the weather has been lately. Perfect fall weather. Looking ahead it does warm up, and gets a little bit humid, during the next seven days. But RAH and models do indicate another frontal passage at the 7-8 day mark. Here is my grid forecast; which is fairly uniform with many on this board (outside of elevation):
Today
Sunny, with a high near 71. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 49. Calm wind.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 55. Calm wind.
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind.
Thursday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Sunday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

I'll take this kind of warm up anytime. **afterwards the temps/humidity will drop again with the next front.

I couldn't be happier with how the weather has been lately. Perfect fall weather. Looking ahead it does warm up, and gets a little bit humid, during the next seven days. But RAH and models do indicate another frontal passage at the 7-8 day mark. Here is my grid forecast; which is fairly uniform with many on this board (outside of elevation):
Today
Sunny, with a high near 71. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 49. Calm wind.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 55. Calm wind.
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind.
Thursday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday Night
Sunday
Sunday Night
Monday

I'll take this kind of warm up anytime. **afterwards the temps/humidity will drop again with the next front.
I don’t love the warmer nights, but staying out of the 80s is a worthy tradeoff

Some quick calculations shows that this September GSP is on average -1.67F departure from average for daily max temps through 9/21. The most recent cold snap with multiple double digit BN values has certainly brought it down, in fact I think the last 7 days alone are responsible for the avg departure from normal max temps being BN.
EDIT: abnormally high min temps means the current departure from normal for Sept at GSP is +2.62F

EDIT 2: I didn’t word this very well. Dep from normal for MAX temps in Septemberin GSP is -1.67F while overall dep from normal is +2.62F
Ok now I’m done

Last edited:
Some quick calculations shows that this September GSP is on average -1.67F departure from average for daily max temps through 9/21. The most recent cold snap with multiple double digit BN values has certainly brought it down, in fact I think the last 7 days alone are responsible for the avg departure from normal max temps being BN.
EDIT: abnormally high min temps means the current departure from normal for Sept at GSP is +2.62F
According to Brian Brettschneider's statistic, September has warmed the most for the upper SE. That's great news, that you're seeing below average temps!

Beta remnants and the trough behind it look like a decent rain event for the area. Time to get that fall aeration and over seeding of fescue and rye done. Unless you have a warm season grass

According to Brian Brettschneider's statistic, September has warmed the most for the upper SE. That's great news, that you're seeing below average temps!

Yeah that seems about right to me. I've never expected September to be fall month really. It's more of a transition month away from summer into October fall in the Carolinas to me. The cool/cold the last couple of days has been surprising.

I usually like to go to the beach in mid/late September as it gets in the low 80s, low humidity, less crowds, cheaper.....perfect! Just have to dodge tropical storms.

This would be nice in winter, see something digging down on the west side of the trough, this will possibly bring some similar weather to what we’ve had the past few days 48B3B84D-CF6A-4EFE-ADB3-38EE9FFB9CAD.png

This would be nice in winter, see something digging down on the west side of the trough, this will possibly bring some similar weather to what we’ve had the past few days View attachment 49193
best part about that Euro run was the trough reloading S o AK and the ridge bridging over the pole. Run is awfully warm Sun-Tue

Back