• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

September Sizzling Summer Segway

Airport is always the warmest temp in the region.. even downtown temps are usually a degree or two cooler. But, that's the NWS official weather station for you..
According to the NWS, Atlanta is forecast to be 69 today and Chattanooga 78 ? I don't understand why Atlanta will be so much cooler.

According to the NWS, Atlanta is forecast to be 69 today and Chattanooga 78 ? I don't understand why Atlanta will be so much cooler.

This is just one of those times where the cool air didn't come south until it moved into the northeast and fed down the east side of the mountains. Chattanooga was blocked from initially getting the drier air partially because of the storm in the gulf and the mountains to the east. Normally when those big high pressures come out of Canada they hit Chattanooga first, then have to make their way over and around the mountains, this was kind of the opposite. If I'm wrong on this, which is possible, I'll be corrected I'm sure.

Also:

Atlanta: 1057'
Chattanooga: 676
Capture.JPG

This is just one of those times where the cool air didn't come south until it moved into the northeast and fed down the east side of the mountains. Chattanooga was blocked from initially getting the drier air partially because of the storm in the gulf and the mountains to the east. Normally when those big high pressures come out of Canada they hit Chattanooga first, then have to make their way over and around the mountains, this was kind of the opposite. If I'm wrong on this, which is possible, I'll be corrected I'm sure.

Also:

View attachment 49096
What is that dashed line extending from Nashville to Pittsburgh ?

This long NE wind event has started flooding some of the flood prone creeks in NC. Went to New Bern today and union point park had some decent water picking up. Part of the river walk was under water and some decent waves action going on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200920-154758_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200920-154758_Gallery.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 29

Also:

View attachment 49096
Yep, similar to a CAD setup where Atlanta can get ice while Chattanooga gets rain.

Back