• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September 2024

water_cycle_large.jpg

The pattern across the GOM is probably going to get pretty unsettled next week. Not sure if anything ever spins up but it may at least lead to a wetter pattern late next week/weekend/early the following week
The latest GFS is very wet for many of us starting in about 10 days with up to 5-7 inches of rain for some of us. It has a very weak low near the gulf bringing most of the rain with it.

The latest GFS is very wet for many of us starting in about 10 days with up to 5-7 inches of rain for some of us. It has a very weak low near the gulf bringing most of the rain with it.
I know we always used to make fun of the Weather Channel's 15 day forecasts, but I have to say, their general patter progressions are always right, maybe delayed, but always right. They rarely every match the GFS after 5 to 7 days. Anyways, point being is that the TWC forecasts have been showing a change to wetter weather by next weekend for a few days now. Maybe they are reliable after all.

I know we always used to make fun of the Weather Channel's 15 day forecasts, but I have to say, their general patter progressions are always right, maybe delayed, but always right. They rarely ever match the GFS after 5 to 7 days. Anyways, point being is that the TWC forecasts have been showing a change to wetter weather by next weekend for a few days now. Maybe they are reliable after all.
A wetter pattern for next weekend would be bad timing with it being a holiday weekend !

Looks like we will be back in drought conditions soon. These pesky low dews and 100% clear days are not going anywhere
I"m not sure where you are but we're gonna have dews in the 70s pretty much all week plus temps in the mid 90s. It's gonna be a hot, steamy week ahead.

Back