• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Saturday 12/17 light ice threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I got dry slotted. Got fog but that's it, pavement stayed dried. Oh well, wasn't a bust forecast was only off.01 on qpf. If I was forecast to get 3.9 and ended up with 3.8 doubt I'd be calling bust. Is fun to see cad though and chase real weather as opposed to a pattern shuffle 15 days out. Maybe since I annied up and took the dryslot for this event I want be a candidate for the next one.

So I'm not sure if I've ever seen this before in my ten years of living here. My area is under a tornado watch while at the same time under a winter weather advisory.
382ea8cdfd5202dabe50b011c02c3180.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SD link said:
Up to 31.6 light icing on trees, decks, roofs and apparently quite the mess on the roads

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
In your neck of the woods today and the cars littered on the belt line is crazy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

metwannabe link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=46.msg2454#msg2454 date=1481982779]
Up to 31.6 light icing on trees, decks, roofs and apparently quite the mess on the roads

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
In your neck of the woods today and the cars littered on the belt line is crazy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[/quote]

You know that driving ability goes out of the window in Raleigh when weather happens

MBell link said:
43.3 with Dense Fog developing up here.  The wedge just won't give up lol.

Same here. I'm about 5 miles NW of Cumming. 41.2 with dense fog and a steady light E wind. It's very stubborn to erode from our areas (Cherokee/Forsyth/Hall/NEward).

CummingWx link said:
[quote author=MBell link=topic=46.msg2547#msg2547 date=1482010605]

Same here. I'm about 5 miles NW of Cumming. 41.2 with dense fog and a steady light E wind. It's very stubborn to erode from our areas (Cherokee/Forsyth/Hall/NEward).
[/quote]
Yes!!!  It is!  The east wind has been consistent since yesterday evening.  I knew when NWS had me at 60 today it wouldn't happen.  Finally backed it down to 47 with it rising overnight before the front hits in the AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBell link said:
[quote author=CummingWx link=topic=46.msg2549#msg2549 date=1482011729]

[/quote]
Yes!!!  It is!  The east wind has been consistent since yesterday evening.  I knew when NWS had me at 60 today it wouldn't happen.  Finally backed it down to 47 with it rising overnight before the front hits in the AM

[/quote]

The NWS will never fully recognize the power of the wedge. They will continue to way overforecast temps here in wedges. Not sure why they don't learn but it just is what it is. They had me at something like 59 for today yesterday and even now they have me at 54. Granted it's slowly warming but it won't reach 54 by midnight.

CummingWx link said:
[quote author=MBell link=topic=46.msg2550#msg2550 date=1482011807]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The NWS will never fully recognize the power of the wedge. They will continue to way overforecast temps here in wedges. Not sure why they don't learn but it just is what it is. They had me at something like 59 for today yesterday and even now they have me at 54. Granted it's slowly warming but it won't reach 54 by midnight.
[/quote]
Agreed.  I don't think temps will get to the warmest until just before the front plows through and scours out what's left of the wedge.

MBell link said:
[quote author=CummingWx link=topic=46.msg2552#msg2552 date=1482012298]
[quote author=MBell link=topic=46.msg2550#msg2550 date=1482011807]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Agreed.  I don't think temps will get to the warmest until just before the front plows through and scours out what's left of the wedge.

[/quote]

Well, it scoured, and in a big way. My temp rose all the way to 66.5 at 8:55 this morning. Pretty insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back