• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Potential Eastern MDR Tropical Cyclogenesis (Again?!)

This is what stalling does, makes feet of rain fall.
qpf_acc.us_se.png

I had read somewhere that the OP GFS was broken since upgrade with Tropical weather. Not sure, but it seems like an extreme solution without other model support.

I had read somewhere that the OP GFS was broken since upgrade with Tropical weather. Not sure, but it seems like an extreme solution without other model support.
It very well could be, but after Cindy, it made it seem like the GFS wasn't. I think that since it is alone on an island, it will lose out this time, but for this season, anything could happen.

This 18z run is gonna be the beginning of the GFS folding to every other model. Already significantly weaker. Literally a repeat of last week when it did this with TD4.

Keep in mind that the GFS has kind of been on its own with that strange backing up (moving clockwise on the diagram) MJO forecast.

Little strengthening hr 108 lets see if gfs want to keep on going

Back