• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Possible Severe Weather April 22nd-23rd

I think it is anyone's guess how bad it will or won't be tomorrow. Can't count on the models with the way they are all over the place.

Another thing to watch. Band of thunderstorms is a good bit ahead of where the HRRR has it and so far hasn’t really grew into a big MCS yet. Disorganized MCS= shallow cold pool = more instability.
Another good point. A cold pool aloft will help with that, drop the cap (if any) and maybe promote hailers too?

I think the question will be is there enough low level helicity to put tornadoes in the ground or will we see nice supercell presentation and some hail yet little or weak ground truth.
I think its very possible...There is almost a 2nd speed max that rotates through.

At 9:20 PM CDT, a confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado was located near Elmer, or 10 miles east of Hineston, moving east at 40
mph. This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

Back