• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Possible Severe Weather April 22nd-23rd

Hrrr has really proven itself lately to be a dumpster fire, it doesn’t even show the storms in north GA 0A402C59-6781-4207-92B3-763B44163E0A.png4075F621-3A36-43D0-BEC0-E8987A0446E5.png

Still raining here. The wind made my walk an adventure, I had to turn around because I was afraid I couldn't handle the umbrella in this wind. Another reminder that I need to lift weights. So, I went in my dad's slicker and the wind was just whipping like crazy. Saw before I went that FFC placed a SWS for the wind from the slow training MCS for the possibility of fallen trees due to the wind and wet grounds and that was absolutely buyable (later saw that mine did as well).

I am not surprised that someone else here has posted that there are fallen trees.

Probably going to end up with 3" minimum.

Rob Fowler at WCBD TV2 in Charleston posted that the station picked up 3.58" most of it in an hour's time. Reports of up to 7" of rain in comments.

Apparently a possible convectively induced vort max took shape just off the coast and had copious amounts of rainfall on the NW flank which pretty much had Charleston County in solid red DBZ for some time on radar. Dodged SVR but at the heavy rainfall and flooding event cost.

Tornado Warning for Alachua County, Florida
From 8:50pm EDT, Thu Apr 23 until 9:30pm EDT, Thu Apr 23
Action Recommended: Take shelter in place or per instructions
Issued by: Jacksonville - FL, US, National Weather Service,

Back