• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised no one has talked about politics yet. Are you guys hopeful with Trump as president?

GainesvilleWX link said:
Surprised no one has talked about politics yet. Are you guys hopeful with Trump as president?
Yeah, as more people come it will get active. Was a really active thread on TW.

I am hopeful. I think a lot of good can be done, and Republicans can accomplish a lot of goals. Trump is far from perfect, but he is a better option than Hillary (imo). I am desperate to see action on repealing Obamacare.

Bama Ravens link said:
[quote author=GainesvilleWX link=topic=9.msg563#msg563 date=1481166900]

I am hopeful. I think a lot of good can be done, and Republicans can accomplish a lot of goals. Trump is far from perfect, but he is a better option than Hillary (imo). I am desperate to see action on repealing Obamacare.
[/quote]
Yeah I feel that if the republicans do not real Obamacare now, that's ridiculous. I believe the repeal/replacement  plan is opening up health insurance across state lines? I know that insurance without the subsidy for me as a health 27 year old is around $300 a month for decent coverage. I'll be quite curious to see if they can improve healthcare but I have my doubts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GainesvilleWX link said:
[quote author=Bama Ravens link=topic=9.msg762#msg762 date=1481253450]

[/quote]
Yeah I feel that if the republicans do not real Obamacare now, that's ridiculous. I believe the repeal/replacement  plan is opening up health insurance across state lines? I know that insurance without the subsidy for me as a health 27 year old is around $300 a month for decent coverage. I'll be quite curious to see if they can improve healthcare but I have my doubts.

[/quote]
Yeah, selling insurance across state lines is one of the main changes that many on the right want. My family pays $2,350 a month for insurance (family of three people, no major health issues) which ends up being just over $28,000 a year. It is back-breaking.

I voted for Trump and Cooper here in NC. Had to get ol' Pat out. I'm waiting for Trump to tweet that he has selected Pat for Secretary of the bathrooms.

15589858_2160871827471989_1232636785502779536_n.jpg

I know very random but...did Kay Hagen ever get released from the hospital like 2 weeks ago? I heard she was intensive care.

The media went silent after being admitted...figured I could find it on google or facebook if she was released.

GainesvilleWX link said:
[quote author=Bama Ravens link=topic=9.msg762#msg762 date=1481253450]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The idea here is to slowly phase in a new system without letting people go without coverage at all.  We need it to work in a way that providers aren't tied to specific states, but outside from all across the nation to provide more competitive rates.

Right now it's like having one cable television & internet provider in your area and you are forced to use them versus Satellite or DSL.  More competition will lower rates and many more packages will become available if things work correctly.

But again, the only way to get this to work is a slow phase in where people aren't without health insurance during the transition.  I believe the ideas can be achieved and overall, any party's supporters will be happy with changes.

Personally, I don't think Trump or Ryan have any ill will towards the American people, regardless of color or heritage (or law abiding undocumented people).  They know if they mess this up, it will be a cold day before they are back in office again.  I expect the first 2 years to be quite intense with changes.  Hopefully for the better.

GainesvilleWX link said:

Anything is better than that clown that is leaving office. Can't wait for him and his tranny wife to disappear.

GainesvilleWX link said:

For the most part, yes. I voted for someone else in the primaries, but I feel like Trump was a better choice than the opposition.

As a leaning DEM/Independent, I would have voted Sanders over Trump. It was a double stab in the eye for me when Clinton didn't even pick him as her VP. I was out. All aboard the Trump wagon.

My family here in NC really went all Trump after the Charlotte protests. Idiots blocking the roads and damaging stores really helped turn out the republicans IMO. I felt like Clinton was/is a carbon copy of Obama. Sanders and Trump offered something new.

It really amazes me how shocked the media was. You know their polling wasn't done in the rural poor battleground Appalachian areas of NC and PA. That stuff spreads ala Florida and the rust belt. I admit I voted for Obama and no change was ever brought to the Apps. Obama and Mr. Clinton even came to Wilkesboro. Ms. Clinton wouldn't have done anything different for us.

I wish the debates focused more on improving the poverty areas of the Apps and less on abortion, climate change, Russia, et cetera. Our country has so much debt I want to be able to see the money work for everyday Americans. I know a lot of that is for our freedom, but heck, the quality of life sucks around here with low paying jobs and overdoses. I feel like this why most Americans don't even vote.

A huge sobfest from congressional demoncrats today crying over obamacare like someone just killed their puppy. :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back