• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romney is more of a Republican than Trump. Republicans are conservative. There is nothing about Trump that is conservative. He was a lifelong Democrat.
I dont think you can nail down what a republican, democrat, conservative or liberal even is anymore. I dont even try. Thats why I just call myself a simple realist. I focus on the very few issues that actually affect me and my family the most and whatever candidate falls in line the closest I go with. Up until 2016 it was mainly my occupation. I take my emotions out of the decision making. That part came came from NSW!

Who the --- is gonna want to break into your home? Has it happened? You think that BLM protestors really want your cans of Vienna Sausage and case of Natty Light?

Idk if they call themselves BLM but kids have been shot and killed by riots. Idc who they are or what color I’m terrified of the riots going on and the violence. And it has led me to stock up just in case. If someone broke into your house was a threat to your life would you shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk if they call themselves BLM but kids have been shot and killed by riots. Idc who they are or what color I’m terrified of the riots going on and the violence. And it has led me to stock up just in case. If someone broke into your house was a threat to your life would you shoot?

I dint think you need to worry about a riot breaking out in your front yard there, Chief.

As far as someone breaking into my house... good luck to them. If they aren’t scared off by the alarm system and then the dogs, they’re an idiot and Darwinism will eventually win out.

Is there a conservative republican country?

No such thing as Utopia Jess. If you live in the country you should be blessed. Raleigh is for all intents and purposes a liberal city. I live just 20 minutes south in a small community of mostly conservative people and its paradise. Thats what makes America great my man. Plenty of room to get the hell away from people if you choose

No such thing as Utopia Jess. If you live in the country you should be blessed. Raleigh is for all intents and purposes a liberal city. I live just 20 minutes south in a small community of mostly conservative people and its paradise. Thats what makes America great my man. Plenty of room to get the hell away from people if you choose

Yep I must say I love living out in rural America. I guess seeing video of melitia groups I don’t know what they call themselves don’t care. But seeing them threaten to go into the country and rural areas. That shook me up a bit but they ain’t came yet thank God.

Trying to silence Fauci because his realistic and data-driven words regarding COVID-19 don't line up with the fantasy-land Trump is living in is.... a strategy...

White House seeks to discredit Fauci as coronavirus surges

"Fauci, who has served in the federal government for decades, can't be directly fired by the president, and there were no signs that Trump was seeking to get rid of him altogether. Rather, the White House salvo appeared aimed at undermining the public's trust in the renowned immunologist in hope that Americans will be more inclined to believe Trump's far more optimistic version of events as the November election marches closer. "

"A New York Times/Sienna College poll last month found that 2 in 3 registered voters approved of Fauci, including half of Republicans and 4 in 5 Democrats. Trump, by comparison, enjoyed support of his handling of the crisis from only 1 in 4 voters in the same poll, including just 4 percent of Democrats. "

Trying to silence Fauci because his realistic and data-driven words don't line up with the fantasy-land Trump is living in regarding COVID-19 is.... a strategy...

White House seeks to discredit Fauci as coronavirus surges

"Fauci, who has served in the federal government for decades, can't be directly fired by the president, and there were no signs that Trump was seeking to get rid of him altogether. Rather, the White House salvo appeared aimed at undermining the public's trust in the renowned immunologist in hope that Americans will be more inclined to believe Trump's far more optimistic version of events as the November election marches closer. "

"A New York Times/Sienna College poll last month found that 2 in 3 registered voters approved of Fauci, including half of Republicans and 4 in 5 Democrats. Trump, by comparison, enjoyed support of his handling of the crisis from only 1 in 4 voters in the same poll, including just 4 percent of Democrats. "

Fauci has always been sincere and made recommendations as he saw fit at each point in time with very clear communication. Yes, he has been inconsistent when looking back on some things like masks and thinking it wouldn't be a big deal in the US. But at least he wasn't saying those things for political reasons like Trump always does. He made mistakes and will make more mistakes because he's human but at least he doesn't lie. He actually cares about our health first and foremost. I with ease still take Fauci over Trump with regard to recommendations. Fauci is da man! I wish he'd run for POTUS lol.

Of course, Trump is going to blame others for his own failings like he's always done. Always looking for a scapegoat.

Truman: The buck stops here.
Trump: Get that buck away from me.

Similar names but far different as far as taking responsibility.

Last edited:
Yep I must say I love living out in rural America. I guess seeing video of melitia groups I don’t know what they call themselves don’t care. But seeing them threaten to go into the country and rural areas. That shook me up a bit but they ain’t came yet thank God.

Well its ok to be prepared but be mindful of whats within reason. What do you have for personal defense if you dont mind me asking? You can PM me if you like instead

Fauci has always been sincere and made recommendations as he saw fit at each point in time with very clear communication. Yes, he has been inconsistent when looking back on some things like masks and thinking it wouldn't be a big deal in the US. But at least he wasn't saying those things for political reasons like Trump always does. He actually cares about our health first and foremost. I with ease still take Fauci over Trump with regard to recommendations. Fauci is da man! I wish he'd run for POTUS lol.
I agree with you man. I think Fauci is a great leader and his opinion should be sought after. Poll numbers show he is more trusted by the American public on issues of COVID-19 and he should be with his track-record and knowledge.

I'm curious to see how this new Trump strategy plays out...

The thing about the bolded is that we are in some control over our lives. We makes choices daily that will shape the outcome of accidents. Wearing a helmet bike riding, seat belt when driving. These are things we do to control our lives to the best of our ability.

Where we start crossing lines IMO is when we take an attitude of "we have no control of our lives" and transition that into a public ideal on policy. When a policy position is pushed because you feel like what will happen will happen doesn't suit me and my attempt to do everything I can to stop the spread and protect not only my family but others as well.
I have to agree 100% here..... I have no fear of dying. However, I wear my seat belt, I don't speed and drive recklessly. I don't smoke or drink. I also do my part to keep my loved ones safe and healthy. We certainly are somewhat in control of our own destiny.

Fauci has always been sincere and made recommendations as he saw fit at each point in time with very clear communication. Yes, he has been inconsistent when looking back on some things like masks and thinking it wouldn't be a big deal in the US. But at least he wasn't saying those things for political reasons like Trump always does. He made mistakes and will make more mistakes because he's human but at least he doesn't lie. He actually cares about our health first and foremost. I with ease still take Fauci over Trump with regard to recommendations. Fauci is da man! I wish he'd run for POTUS lol.

Of course, Trump is going to blame others for his own failings like he's always done. Always looking for a scapegoat.

Truman: The buck stops here.
Trump: Get that buck away from me.

Similar names but far different as far as taking responsibility.
Fair points. I think Fauci should run too but as a Republican. Then he will get a dose of what it was like to be in Trump's shoes in charge of more than just the virus. Im sure the media would remind him in full blown detail how he "mishandled" the virus early on. How we could have saved thousands of lives had he not made those "mistakes". I think you know where im going with this. We can all agree Trump wasnt perfect. Most of the world wasnt. Our entire country was caught off guard but we've been over this a million times

I have to agree 100% here..... I have no fear of dying. However, I wear my seat belt, I don't speed and drive recklessly. I don't smoke or drink. I also do my part to keep my loved ones safe and healthy. We certainly are somewhat in control of our own destiny.

Yeah. You see the article of the 30yr old that died from covid after attending a covid party? He thought it was a hoax and no biggie......we have control over certain risks and its worth being mindful of the actions we take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back