• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[mention]Sandbar [/mention]is someone who spent a lot of time down range. He made a hell of a lot more sacrifices than me. Both him and I gave up parts of our bodies for Uncle Sam, but he was in the sandbox a looooong time. As the first born of immigrant parents, I had to serve. I felt it was my duty. Hurts like hell to get out of bed every morning and limp around half the day, but it was worth it. Two back surgeries (3rd is needed) two complete knee reconstructions plus six knee arthroscopies and nerve damage down both legs. Wouldn’t change a damn thing.
Yes sir I have thanked them also. All deserve gratitude.

I get that, but insurance companies don't provide healthcare. They just middleman the money in the form of premiums and payout less. What is the purpose of that for healthcare.
Same as car insurance, to spread the risk out over a number of people. But, you are comparing it to socialized medicine right?

Man, I was physically fit when I went through basic. 6’2”, 190lbs. I understand that I could do the physical. It’s getting that mental thing down. I don’t give up because I’m hard headed. Could I have been a SEAL? No idea. I’m just dumb enough to not know when to quit. But then again, who knows. I didn’t try it and don’t know how I would have fared. You did. You made it. You made it a career. That’s impressive. Silent professional. Bravo Zulu.
Well there were two things I wanted my kid to understand before he signed up for this. How it felt when I deployed and life on a ship sucks ass if he rings that @#$% bell! No pressure.....lol

You go ahead and bow down. I’m not. I’m going down surrounded by empty brass. Better to die standing than live in your knees. I’m sure most of you know how well I’m prepared with brass and things to throw brass.
Give me liberty or give me death! You got a nice .50 cal don’t ya ? That’s basically a cannon ! Or did you lose it in a boating accident ?

Give me liberty or give me death! You got a nice .50 cal don’t ya ? That’s basically a cannon ! Or did you lose it in a boating accident ?

Oh it’s still here. Haven’t lost it yet. Hopefully I won’t have to go fishing and lose three gun safes.

Man, I was physically fit when I went through basic. 6’2”, 190lbs. I understand that I could do the physical. It’s getting that mental thing down. I don’t give up because I’m hard headed. Could I have been a SEAL? No idea. I’m just dumb enough to not know when to quit. But then again, who knows. I didn’t try it and don’t know how I would have fared. You did. You made it. You made it a career. That’s impressive. Silent professional. Bravo Zulu.
Navy recruiters blew me up! I blew through the asfvab. I’m a personal trainer so I’m fit combined with the score they wanted me to go for SEAL. I have ulcerative colitis though which prevented me! There is still a very real possibility that when I graduate college I’ll go through ocs army in hopes I get in and get my medical school paid off ! Plus I would serve my time , would probably do more than 4 years before retiring to the private sector .

Navy recruiters blew me up! I blew through the asfvab. I’m a personal trainer so I’m fit combined with the score they wanted me to go for SEAL. I have ulcerative colitis though which prevented me! There is still a very real possibility that when I graduate college I’ll go through ocs army in hopes I get in and get my medical school paid off ! Plus I would serve my time , would probably do more than 4 years before retiring to the private sector .

Ulcerative colitis is a disqualifier for service.

House Democrat warns about 'inaccurate' polls: Trump voters 'fundamentally undercounted'

"Democratic Rep. Elissa Slotkin (Mich.), a first-term member who represents a district President Trump won by roughly 7 points in 2016, said that polls showing the president trailing former Vice President Joe Biden are “inaccurate.”

"The former CIA analyst said there are too many variables at play for a poll to accurately reflect what will happen in November."

Wish I had that Jimmy Hypocracy cabbage and take those vacations every week! ?

Herd immunity may never work. We may never be immune. Vaccine may never get developed. If it does, it might be only moderately effective or not much at all. Sounds weird to think we might have to be on some sort of lockdown or wearing masks and social distancing forever.
If we do that I’m going fully off the grid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back