• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re saying 75% of NYC parents want kids back in school in that jam packed environment but the majority of NC parents don’t? Can’t believe that.

The Elon Poll found that 38 percent of North Carolinians prefer a hybrid approach, with K-12 students learning from home part of the time and learning in-person part of the time to allow for greater physical distancing inside school classrooms. Thirty-four percent of state residents are in favor of a full-time return to in-person learning while 29 percent prefer that students continue to learn remotely.

The Elon Poll found that 38 percent of North Carolinians prefer a hybrid approach, with K-12 students learning from home part of the time and learning in-person part of the time to allow for greater physical distancing inside school classrooms. Thirty-four percent of state residents are in favor of a full-time return to in-person learning while 29 percent prefer that students continue to learn remotely.
So just 29% prefer keeping students home full time. That makes much more sense.

I just called. Gorges State park trails and swimming holes are open for business. We leave at sunrise!
Wish I had that Jimmy Hypocracy cabbage and take those vacations every week! ?

Herd immunity may never work. We may never be immune. Vaccine may never get developed. If it does, it might be only moderately effective or not much at all. Sounds weird to think we might have to be on some sort of lockdown or wearing masks and social distancing forever.

Hell I want schools reopened BUT if things are like they are in NC now in a month still then there is no way they should put the kids back in school....the latest NC polls do not support your statement that most parents want schools open....
In TN it’s overwhelming and almost all schools are opening. Only one county so far is not and doing virtual learning. That county is of course Davidson/Nashville run by you guessed it Liberals. I think it was Brick that showed yesterday in the Virus thread. That no kid under 25 had died in NC from the virus. Yet as Tucker Carlson is working on numbers reported that more kids have especially HS kids have committed suicide than the virus has killed. It’s not even close. It’s well over 1%. Also he said around 25 kids had died from the virus since February and over a 100 had died from the flu. The flu is more deadly to kids than this virus. Yes the kids can be asymptomatic carriers. As most schools are allowing the option of either going to school or virtual schooling to the kids and parents. I think that is the right course of action. Let them make the choice. Kids are showing overwhelmingly mental health illnesses from not being in school. There is no easy answer but the kids need social interaction.

In TN it’s overwhelming and almost all schools are opening. Only one county so far is not and doing virtual learning. That county is of course Davidson/Nashville run by you guessed it Liberals. I think it was Brick that showed yesterday in the Virus thread. That no kid under 25 had died in NC from the virus. Yet as Tucker Carlson is working on numbers reported that more kids have especially HS kids have committed suicide than the virus has killed. It’s not even close. It’s well over 1%. Also he said around 25 kids had died from the virus since February and over a 100 had died from the flu. The flu is more deadly to kids than this virus. Yes the kids can be asymptomatic carriers. As most schools are allowing the option of either going to school or virtual schooling to the kids and parents. I think that is the right course of action. Let them make the choice. Kids are showing overwhelmingly mental health illnesses from not being in school. There is no easy answer but the kids need social interaction.
So should I be able to work at home for an indefinite amount of time since employees with children might be infected due their children being a carrier?

So should I be able to work at home for an indefinite amount of time since employees with children might be infected due their children being a carrier?
I believe yes if that’s your choice. Now obviously it’s up to the company. I would say most companies that allow this will go less wages in the future. Or base pay on amount of productivity that is done. If it’s not something that can be done then I say the employee is given a severance pay for an amount of time. Then both go separate ways. Obviously factory jobs can not do this so there is many looking for jobs. It sucks but as has been said. We may never have a vaccine so we just have to push thru this virus until everyone has been exposed. No easy answers or way for us all. Just hope for the best.

I believe yes if that’s your choice. Now obviously it’s up to the company. I would say most companies that allow this will go less wages in the future. Or base pay on amount of productivity that is done.
So I should recieve less wage because someone else wants to send their child to school? If that's the case do I get a tax break on the % that goes towards funding schools?

This will be the trend. Small buz, companies realizing that they can cut overhead, allow employees to work from home, and still maintain production and revenue. My wife and I have worked from home for quite a while now. Her staff have online meetings with her, the job gets done, and its fairly convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back